Adam A5X Active Studio Monitor, Single
Adam A5X Active Studio Monitor, SingleDetails
The Adam A5X Studio Monitor features Adam's proprietary X-ART tweeter paired with a 5.5'' mid-range woofer, an A/B amplifier and a powerful PWM amplifier. Perfectly designed for home and small studio environments; the A5X monitors deliver a maximum SPL of 110dB per pair and comes equipped with a tweeter gain function, dual front-firing bass ports as well as high shelf/low shelf EQ and flexible input connectors. Boasting crystal-clear and crisp sound reproduction with deep bass responses, the qualities of the A5X provide you with a clear picture of the smallest changes in your mix and the sonic results.
Student Cashback Offer: Students and lecturers can get 10 percent cash back on the gross purchase price of any Adam Audio product. Visit the Adam Audio website (www.adam-audio.com/en/student) for an application form and a list of terms and conditions. UK & Germany only.
Product Ref: 29494View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Special Educational Offer
Adam Audio have introduced a special offer for students, giving you 10 cashback on the purchase of studio monitors if you are currently enrolled in a course that would use monitors. This may include Music, Broadcast or Media courses and can be claimed back after you have made the purchase. Simply purchase your Adam Audio AX or F series studio monitor(s) and contact Adam Audio to claim your 10 cashback. For more information on this educational offer please contact Gear4music.
Reference-Grade Audio Quality
The Adam A5X Active Studio Monitor features a custom X-Art Tweeter and X-Art Driver, working together for optimal audio quality. The X-Art (eXtended Accelerating Ribbon Technology) tweeter, builds on the Air Motion Transformer concept, utilising superior geometries and high-quality material to achieve stellar audio fidelity. The X-Art Tweeter features a pleated diaphragm, providing a more natural pulsing, with the air drawn in and squeezed out like an accordion for increased fidelity. The custom driver is designed for optimised audio performance thanks to the very flat impedance and lack of traditional voice coil. The highly efficient midrange band uses the sample principle as the X-Art tweeter, utilising a diaphragm that only weighs a fraction of the voice coil units, covering a wide range (400Hz to 20kHz) making the A5X Studio Monitors ideal for mixing and mastering applications.
The AX series monitor cabinets feature chamfered upper corners on the front, helping to minimise edge diffraction so that phase cancellation is not an issue. The interior of the cabinet is equipped with a special fleece that prevents the internal resonances being disturbed as well as ensuring superior bass reflex tuning. The front panel houses the power switch, volume control and front-firing bass reflex ports, providing greater ease of use and allowing the monitor to be placed closer to a wall if needed.
The woofers on all AX series monitors are built using a construction of woven carbon and glass fiber with the synthetic material Rohacell. When these three materials are combined together, the result is an ultra-lightweight yet extremely rigid material that provides excellent transient responses.
A/B and PWM Amplifiers
All models in the AX series feature two discrete amplifiers - an A/B that drives the X-ART tweeter and functions quickly within its broad frequency range, whilst the mid-range woofer is driven by a powerful and highly efficient pulse-width modulated (PWM) amplifier. By pairing these two together, Adam delivers monitors that do not require additional heat sinks and are both more reliable and durable than traditional amplifiers.
The Stereolink is a useful feature when working on desktop DAWs. The two additional input and output jacks for the second stereo channel allow you to control the volume for both monitors using the control of only one monitor. Unlike the typical master-slave configuration, each A5X is fully equipped and can function either as a master or a slave unit.
- Custom X-Art Tweeter & X-Art Driver
- Wide frequency range for exceptional audio fidelity
- Ideal for mixing & mastering applications
- Optimise audio performance, flat impedance
- Chamfered upper corners minimise edge diffraction
- Stereolink allows you to control volume for both monitors
- A/B and PWM amplifier, two discrete amplifiers
- High-quality construction for optimise performance
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 50kHz
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: >110dB (Per Pair)
- Crossover Frequency: 2500Hz
- Mid-Woofer Size: 5.5'' / 145mm
- Mid-Woofer Voice Coil: 1.5'' / 32mm
- Mid-Woofer Cone Material: Carbon/Rohacell/Glass Fiber
- Tweeter Type: X-ART
- Tweeter Diaphragm Area: 4'' ² / 2420mm ²
- Mid-Woofer Amplifier: PWM
- Power RMS / Music: 50W / 75W
- Tweeter Amplifier: Class A/B
- Power RMS / Music: 50W / 75W
- High Shelf EQ > 5 kHz: ±6 dB
- Low Shelf EQ ±6 dB
- Tweeter Gain: ±4 dB
- Input Connectors: XLR / RCA
- Input Impedance: 30 KOhm
- Magnetically Shielded: No
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 11'' x 6.5'' x 8.5'' / 280mm x 170mm x 220mm
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.