Blue Dragonfly Cardioid Condenser Microphone
Blue Dragonfly Cardioid Condenser MicrophoneDetails
Fast, maneuverable and beautifully engineered, the Dragonfly employs an innovative design that offers fine tuning and precise placement to please the most discerning recordist, combined with an ease of use that is without equal among contemporary microphones - and at a price that's considerably less than anything in its class.
Product Ref: 13685View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Large Diaphragm Capsule
The Blue Dragonfly Cardioid Condenser Microphone is a unique pressure-gradient cardioid condenser microphone, employing Blue's hand-built single-membrane large diaphragm capsule coated with a 6-micron mylar film of pure gold and aluminum. Enclosed within a rotating spherical grille, the capsule can be positioned and adjusted in the smallest spaces.
Class A Discrete Circuit
The Blue Dragonflys electronics are based on a class A discrete circuit, with a transformerless output. Its sonic character gives flight to everything from vocals to percussion, electric guitar and bass, as well as more difficult sources such as saxophones and stringed instruments. The Dragonfly also includes an integrated elastic shockmount for protection during use in the studio.
- Innovative rotating head for precise mic placement
- Large-diaphragm capsule for tracking vocals and extended range instruments
- Superbly detailed sonic signature and enhanced frequency response
- Custom shockmount and wood storage box
- Transducer Type: Condenser, Pressure Gradient
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 21.0 mV/Pa at 1kHz (1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Output impedance: 50 ohm
- Rated Load impedance: Not less than 1k ohm
- Maximum SPL: 138 dB SPL (2.5k ohm, 0.5 THD)
- S/N Ratio: 86 dB-A (IEC 651)
- Noise Level: 8.0 dB-A (IEC 651)
- Dynamic Range: 130 dB (@ 2.5k ohm)
- Power Requirement: +48V DC Phantom Power (IEC 268-15)
- Weight: 630g
- Dimensions: 165mm x 60mm
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.