Rode Videomic Pro with Rycote Shockmount
Rode Videomic Pro with Rycote ShockmountDetails
Product Ref: 59471View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Condenser Microphone Capsule
Incorporating a brand new 0.5" condenser capsule the Videomic Pro delivers broadcast quality audio via one 3.5mm minijack connector (dual mono). Additionally the super-cardioid polar pattern allows the Videomic Pro to focus on the audio from the subject (front facing) and eliminate background noise to deliver a clear and direct reproduction of the audio.
Power, Filter and Level Controls
Located to the rear of the Rode Pro is a panel of power, filter and level controls which allow specific adjustments to be made to best suit your application and environment. For example, although the Videomic Pro has a frequency response of 40Hz to 20kHz you can simply select the high pass filter which will remove any low end rumble from the audio such as traffic and background office noise.
Additionally the level controls are designed to maximise the quality of your audio when capturing from a range of different sources. With attenuate and boost controls you can drop the input level to -10dB to allow capturing of loud sound sources such as live performances or close proximity recordings.
With a Rycote Lyre based shock mount the Videomic Pro minimizes contact between the microphone and mounting system to diffuse any unwanted rumble and vibrations being transferred from the device. Constructed from hard wearing thermoplastic the Lyre delivers advanced isolation and improved suspension as appose to traditional elastic mounting systems.
Reviews"Straight out of the box this microphone is easy to use, with no confusing parts or complicated assembly. Pull it out, slide it onto the cold shoe mount it on your camera, connect one tiny cord with an 1/8-inch plug and flip on the power. Simply put, the Rode VideoMic Pro is great for cameras lacking good audio quality."
Videomaker Magazine"I really can't fault the sound coming from this microphone... It's a mono microphone and is surprisingly good at picking up the spoken voice with good clarity, even in a noisy room."
Photo Professional Magazine"The larger Video Mic was already a superb microphone, and the Pro version, despite being much smaller, was as directional in its sound gathering, and just as clear in picking up all the detail in the voice. If anything, the Pro seemed to make a little less background hiss in the quiet times, as the camera turned up the gain automatically."
British Journal of Photography
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (150mm/6" length)
- Ultra lightweight and portable
- 9V battery powered - over 70 hours use
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8" thread for easy boompole mounting
- 10 year warranty with online registration at Rodemic.com
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Directional Pattern: Super-Cardioid
- Output Connection: 3.5 mm Stereo Mini-Jack (Dual Mono)
- Frequency Range: 40 Hz - 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -38 dB
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise: 20 dBA SPL
- Maximum Output: +6.9 dBu
- Dynamic Range: 114 dB
- SPL (Max): 134 dB
- S/N ratio: 74 dB
- Power Requirements: 9 Volt Battery
- Height: 150 mm / 6"
- Width: 43 mm / 1.69"
- Depth: 95 mm / 3.74"
- Weight: 85g
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.