Music Gear News
How to Arm a Track and Record in Ableton
Ableton Live is a professional loop-based software music software for Windows and Mac OS. It is designed to be as much a tool of live performance as an instrument. Ableton is peerless as a tool for composing and arranging on the fly.
- Open Ableton
- Goto Options > Preferences
- Check that Audio Input Device and Audio Output Device are set to the name of the soundcard or audio interface that you are using.
- Click on Input Config
- Arm all available channels
- Click Ok and exit the preference window
For the following please refer to diagram
- In the track labeled Audio From select Ext. In and then the channel of choice
- To monitor what is being recorded click on the In button in the Monitor section (for playback this must be returned to Auto).
- Click the small button with a circle on at the bottom of the track to turn it red and arm it
- When the track is armed the formerly Square buttons within the track will turn to Circles
- Clicking on a Circle begins recording.
- As you can see there are many sections like this in the track. Using Ableton you can record many takes / versions / loops all on the same track.
Related Music News
Update available to improve performance and fix bugs.
Shure recently discussed how guitarists can achieve great results when recording at home or in a small project studio. We took a look and picked out our favourite points.
Recreate the Brazilian carnival atmosphere at your World Cup party with our Samba instruments.
Many parents want to encourage their child to take up an instrument early on in life. Music can be a fun and rewarding activity for children but knowing where to start can be tricky. Here are our top picks for ideal starter instruments for children under 7.
You've spent ages perfecting your sound and now it's time to let others hear it too. Read our 8 Tips for Putting on a Great Live Show.
When you're shopping for a loudspeaker, often the specifications can seem a bit confusing! Use this guide to help you demystify common terms and find the right speaker for your needs.
Recent Music News
Only 22 Adam Clayton Signature Model Bass Guitars in Purple Sparkle Finish are available in the UK
Announced at this year's NAMM Summer Show, the Fender Justin Meldal-Johnsen Road Worn Mustang Bass is now available
The KHDK Kirk Hammett Ghoul JR Overdrive delivers signature overdrive/distortion tones in a tiny micro-sized pedal format
Wampler announces the Tumnus Deluxe Overdrive Pedal - a new and improved tribute to a renowned overdrive pedal
The Epiphone Ltd Ed Joe Bonamassa 1958 "Amos" Korina Flying-V Guitar Outfit is a highly collectable yet gig-able instrument, with special signature appointments
The Apogee MiC Plus builds on the success of the 2011 MiC, bringing plug-and-play studio-grade recording quality to iOS devices and laptops