L.R. Baggs Para DI Acoustic Pre-Amp with 5-band EQ
L.R. Baggs Para DI Acoustic Pre-Amp with 5-band EQDetails
The Para DI from L.R. Baggs is a studio quality direct box, engineered to bring out the best in any pickup.
Product Ref: 29129View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Para DI preamp features a five-band equalizer with tunable notch and midrange controls, adjustable gain and phase inversion. A big advantage the Para DI has over conventional equalizers is the proprietary Quasi-Passive EQ circuitry which is totally transparent and allows control over instrument voicing without sacrificing tonal purity.
The five-band EQ controls include treble, presence and bass controls, along with sweepable mid EQ and a tunable notch filter designed to help with feedback problems. The notch control can also be used as an EQ knob, and has the capability to clarify a boomy or muddy tone. Slight boosts will give a thin-sounding guitar more body and acoustic sound octave range.
The presence control effects hissing sounds, cymbal sizzle and brightness. It provides a cut to remove PA horn 'glare' or a boost to add life to a dull speaker. To accommodate a wide range of pickups, the Para DI has 24 dB of adjustable gain for optimum performance and the lowest noise with a variety of input sources, including low output pickups. The phase inversion switch for increases control over feedback.
The Para DI's useful battery status LED light and an effects loop jack to provide a send-return on a stereo jack for outboard effects that allow you to blend reverb, chorus or other effects in with a dry signal.
For further information about the L.R. Baggs Para DI acoustic preamp, please download the product manual PDF file from the link below.
"The L.R. Baggs Para Acoustic D.I. provides excellent tonal control as well as sound quality enhancement for any acoustic guitar setup... The Para Acoustic D.I. provided a well-balanced spectrum of tone without any added distortion or hiss. It was extremely studio-quality clean".
Musicplayer.com, May 2007
- Power Supply: 9V Battery or 30-48V Phantom Power (Not included). External battery compartment.
- Battery Life: Approx 200 hours
- Weight: Approx 0.5 kg
- Size: 5.6" x 3.6" x 1.9"
- Input/Output Impedence: High input impedence 10 megohms/600ohms
- Gain: Adjustable from 4dB to 24dB
- Casing: Durable, heavy duty steel
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.