Rode M5 Cardioid Condenser Microphone, Matched Pair
Rode M5 Cardioid Condenser Microphone, Matched PairDetails
The Rode M5 is a compact, 1/2 cardioid condenser microphone with low noise and a full frequency response. This matched pair has been chosen and picked with no more than 1dB of sensitivity difference.
Product Ref: 41716View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
A high-quality, 'pencil'-style permanently polarised condenser, the M5 will impress even the most demanding of artists and engineers. Ideal for studio recording and live stage use, the M5 microphone can be used on a range of applications, from acoustic instruments to choirs.
Use individually, or as a stereo array, anywhere you'd use a diaphragm condenser mic. This M5 matched pair has been carefully selected to ensure a variation of no more than 1dB sensitivity between the microphones. The microphones contain a certificate to verify the authenticity of the pair.
Finished with a ceramic coating, each microphone has a sleek matt black finish and the pair comes with Rode WS5 windshield and RM5 stand mount.
Features / Specifications
To view a specification sheet for the M5 microphone, please download the PDF from the link above.
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (picks up audio from the front and sides and rejects from the rear)
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohm
- Maximum SPL: 140dB SPL (at 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K ohm load)
- Maximum Output Level: 13.5dBu (at 1kHz, 1% THD into 1Kohm load)
- Sensitivity: -34.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (10.46mV at 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB at 1 kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 19dB-A
- Power Options: 48 V phantom power required from mixer or 24 V phantom power required from mixer or interface
- Weight (g): 80
- Dimensions (mm): H 100 x W 20 x D 20
- Output: XLR
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.