Sennheiser MK4 Large Diaphragm, Side Address Mic
Sennheiser MK4 Large Diaphragm, Side Address MicDetails
The Sennheiser MK4 Condenser Microphone is a large diaphragm side address mic for professional studio recordings and home studios alike. Featuring a 24-carat gold-plated diaphragm and an internal shock-mount, the Sennheiser MK4 ensures fine resolution and superior sound quality. Based on the same acoustics as the e 965 professional vocal microphone, the MK4 condenser microphone delivers a powerful yet warm sound that is both direct and tight.
Product Ref: 19400View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The MK 4 with its nickel-coloured finish was developed for professional users in project studios, but is equally well suited for other recording environments and is tough enough for use on stage. It is also a microphone that is affordable for home recordists and musicians. "In the development of the MK 4, we invested every euro in getting the best possible sound," explained Product Manager Sebastian Schmitz, "and we focused on the key elements of a good studio microphone to ensure that we can offer the MK 4 to our customers at an attractive price."
The finest sound structures are well resolved, and sound coming from the sides is picked up without colouration and so does not change the overall sound quality. The microphone has a very harmonious presence; it has vivid mids and is also very detailed in the bass range. At the same time, typical cardioid cancellation is relatively frequency-independent.
Sturdy Large-Diaphragm Model
The MK 4 has a large 1'' diaphragm precisely spattered with 24-carat gold. The sturdy metal housing and the elastically mounted capsule make the microphone tough enough for even the most energetic recording situations. The excellent suppression of handling noise offered by the internal capsule mount can be even further improved by the use of an elastic suspension, which is available as an accessory. The open front of the suspension mount enables the MK 4 to be positioned close to the sound source. The microphone has a maximum sound pressure level of 140 dB, and its self-noise of 10 dB(A) is extremely low. The MK-4 is highly versatile for vocals, acoustic guitars and grand pianos as well as for strings and wind instruments. In numerous field trials it has proven to be an excellent microphone with guitar amplifiers, drums and percussion. To sum up: it is an unpretentious microphone with outstanding sound.
The MK4 comes complete with a microphone clip and a protective pouch. Optional accessories include an elastic suspension shockmount, a foam windshield and a popshield.
- 1'' large diaphragm capsule
- True condenser design
- 24-carat gold-plated diaphragm
- Full metal housing
- Internal capsule shock-mount minimises structure-borne noise
- Designed for project studios and live performances
- Low inherent self-noise and high maximum SPL
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 50?
- Min. Terminating Impedance: 1000?
- AF Sensitivity: 25mV/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level: 10dB (A)
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 140dB
- Power Supply: 40V Phantom Power (P48)
- Current Consumption: 3.1mA
- Dynamic Range: 130dB
- Weight: 485g
- Dimensions: 160mm x 57mm (L x D)
What's In The Box
- MK4 Microphone
- MZQ4 Microphone Clip
- Storage Pouch
- Instruction Manual
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.