Shure SM58 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone
Shure SM58 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal MicrophoneDetails
Product Ref: 6476View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The Industry-Standard Microphone
The Shure SM58 is an industry-standard and incredibly versatile cardioid dynamic microphone that has been engineered to deliver warm and clear vocal reproduction. The SM58 features a shock-absorbing grille that is designed to dent upon impact, which protects the cartridge from damage and ensures reliable performance. Internally, the SM58 utilises calculated porting within the capsule to deliver a uniformed cardioid polar pattern across the frequency range for maximum gain-before-feedback. Additionally, the adhesive compound secures the transformer and prevents both moisture and temperature changes from entering the handle while also producing an airtight chamber to enable proper shock mounting and low-end frequency response.
Tailored for Vocal Applications
The Shure SM58 is equipped with a highly effective, built-in spherical filter which minimises wind, breath and vocal 'pop' noises. The cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimising unwanted background and handling noise. Throughout its 50 years within the music industry, the quality of vocal performance attracts the likes of Henry Rollins, Patti Smith, Sheryl Crow, Cage The Elephant and The Derek Trucks Band. The latter even flattened the microphone under their tour bus yet the SM58 still remained functional. The iconic Shure microphone offers durable construction with a refined shock-mount system that guarantees a consistently good performance both indoors and outdoors.
"I'm loyal, and this is the best mic I have ever sang into.. and there is something about that mic - I always know where I am at" - Dave Mustaine - Lead Vocalist of Megadeth
Included In The Box
- 1 x SM58 Dynamic Microphone
- 1 x Swivel Stand Adapter
- 1 x Storage Bag
- Tailored frequency response
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern
- Proven shock-mount system
- Built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Rugged & reliable construction
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 15kHz
- Sensitivity: -54.5- dBV/Pa - 1.85 mV/Pa
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Impedance: 150 Ω (300 Ω Actual)
- Switchable Low Cut: No
- Connectors: XLR
- Attenuator: No
- Interchangeable Capsule: No
- Main Functionality: Performance
- Headphone Output: No
- Cartridge: Fixed
- Case: Dark Gray, Enamel-Painted, Die Cast Metal; Matte-Finished, Silver Coloured, Spherical Steel Mesh Grille
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 162.0 x 51.0 x 51.0 mm
- Weight: 298 g
A similar model is also available with the addition of an on/off switch - SM58S
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.