TC Electronic Clarity X Multi-Format Monitoring System
TC Electronic Clarity X Multi-Format Monitoring SystemDetails
Product Ref: 58407View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Audio Signal Flow
Clarity X comes with 16 AES input channels plus AUX (analog), TOS and ADAT. On the output side, you get 16 AES channels plus 8 analog outputs as well as headphones out. In total, you get 26 channels of inputs and outputs. Add the option of expanding with 64 MADI input channels and your input channel count increases to no less than 90.
The routing is extremely flexible, for instance you could switch seamlessly between two full surround mixes - maybe even one 5.1 and one 7.1 mix plus a stereo reference signal. You could then monitor your source on a 5.1 or 7.1 monitor setup, but also switch to one or more stereo pairs to check how well your mix translates to other channel formats and speaker sizes. Independently, you can route any input channel to the dedicated meter engine.
The Clarity X includes an accurately calibrated measurement microphone, paired as a perfect match to your unit, ensuring the utmost precise calibration of your monitor system. This is essential because you are likely to mix quite differently at different SPL levels. If you calibrate your system, you simply will be able to achieve more consistent mixes.
There are several standards and recommendations for calibrated listening levels. For instance, both the EBU R128 and the ATSC A/85 broadcast standards include chapters about speaker calibration. These are well suited for productions aimed at TV. If you mix for cinema, the SMTPE RP 200 is the one to rely on as it is created for this type of high sound pressure level productions.
The included meters are a very big part of Clarity X. Besides the meters in the main monitoring engine, which always reflect what you are listening to, Clarity X offers a dedicated metering engine, featuring the renowned LM8 Loudness Radar Meter. With separate independent routing, this LM8 instance will measure and display the channels you have selected for metering at all times regardless of whether you're listening to them or not.
- Helps You Increase Speech Intelligibility: Words are key - if you can't hear them, nothing else really matters.
- Small-Footprint Remote Control: Hands-on control of all the key functions.
- VZD - Headphone Calibration: Clarity X is pre-calibrated to the most widely used headphones in pro audio.
- Mic-Less SPL Measurement: After the initial calibration, Clarity X can calculate the SPL even without the measurement microphone.
- Stereo Deviation Meter: Keep an eye on how well your surround mix translates into stereo.
- Measurement Microphone Included: The included measurement microphone is pre-calibrated to match your particular Clarity X unit.
- Input Tools: AV Delay, Phase Invert, Solo, Mute & Gain
- Confidence Check: Speaker Role Check, Basic Speaker Performance Check (woofers & tweeters), Speaker Position Check, SPL Verification
- Virtual Speaker Sets: Use the speakers of a surround setup to emulate other formats (7.1 to 5.1/2.0 and 5.1 to 2.0)
- One-Stop Calibrated Listening: Consistent Mixes. Loudness Standard Compliant. For Any Monitor.
- iPad Control and Integration: Take control over Clarity X with the free iPad app.
- LM8 - 7.1 Loudness Meter: Legendary Radar Loudness Meter with full 7.1 Surround Support.
- Master of Delay: Clarity X handles all delay-alignments, trimming the inputs and outputs. It will even doubles as a sync device that aligns image and audio perfectly.
- Center Ratio Meter: Keep an eye on the loudness balance between your center channel and the rest.
- Hearing Loss Protection: Dose meter tracks the SPL you are exposed to.
- Multiple Sweetspots: Create up to 4 different sweetspots in the mixing room.
- Output Tools: Reference levels, Calibration, X-Curve, 5 Band EQ, Phase, Delay, Gain, Solo, Mute, Dim, Cut
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.