Aston Spirit Home Recording Bundle
Aston Spirit Home Recording BundleDetails
The Aston Spirit Condenser Microphone is a high-performing condenser microphone versatile enough to use with most instruments although it excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. The Spirit is designed to deliver a beautifully open sound with sparkling harmonics for a natural and transparent recording. A switch on the mic body allows you to select from Omni, Cardioid or Figure-of-Eight polar patterns and choose one that best suits your setting. The Aston Spirit utilises a hand selected 1'' gold evaporated capsule teamed with high-end transformer balanced circuitry using only the best components such as WIMA capacitors. This bundle also includes an Aston Halo reflection filter and Steinberg UR22 MKII USB audio interface.
Product Ref: 69334View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Aston Microphones Spirit Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone
Wave Form Mesh Head
The Aston Spirit has a signature mesh head that delivers unprecedented protection for your microphone's capsule. The shock resistant wave-form design allows the head of the mic to distort if given a heavy knock, and then return to its normal position, without any damage at all. It also offers a degree of off-axis rejection, helping to eliminate unwanted artefacts from your recordings.
Built In Pop Filter
This condenser mic has a mesh knit pop filter built-n to protect against any unwanted plosives. It also shields against multiple wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation making this microphone ideal in critically sensitive electronic applications. This completely encapsulating, single piece, mesh cage is stainless steel, so it won’t rust with use and can even be removed and washed.
Custom Moulded End Caps
The end caps with integrated XLR and stand adaptor are unique to this mic. Use the built-in, interchangeable thread adapter mounts the mic directly to a stand.
Custom Finished Chassis
Part of the beauty of the Aston Spirit is the custom finish of each chassis, with each one individually tumbled for up to 4 hours to give it a very hard-wearing finish. To perfect the look, each microphone is then separately engraved with Aston's brand mantra 'The art of performance'.
Steinberg UR22 Mk 2 USB Audio Interface
High Fidelity, Latency Free Recording
With a 24-bit/192 kHz sample rate the UR22 Mk2 provides incredibly high audio quality whilst the innovative latency free hardware monitoring means you can monitor your performance in real time without any latency. Additionally the two class-A D-PRE microphone preamps offer a transparent and detailed sound perfect for capturing dynamic and natural vocal performances.
Mac, PC and iOS Compatible
Designed to be compatible with a huge variety of systems the UR22 Mk2 can be connected and powered by Mac and PC computers via the single USB 2.0 connection. Additionally the Steinberg UR22 Mk2 can be connected to Apple iPads and iOS devices through a lightening to USB connector cable (not included).
Cubase AI and LE Software
The Steinberg UR22 Mk2 interface includes a downloadable copy of Cubase AI for Mac and PC as well as Cubasis LE for iOS which provides powerful audio creation and editing tools with a simplistic user interface. Cubase AI delivers a range of impressive features from the industry leading Cubase 8 software to allow recording, editing and mixing perfect for beginners. Additionally Cubasis LE is the perfect tool for capturing inspiration on the fly. Simply take your UR22 interface and iPad with you and be able to record, mix and edit audio ideas whenever the inspiration strikes you.
Aston Microphones Spirit Features
- Wave-form mesh head provides shock absorption to protect the capsule
- Built-in pop filter utilises the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct microphone stand mounting
- 2mm solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- Capsule - The Aston Sound - developed by professional artists, engineers and producers
- PCB - market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Eco-friendly packaging, no unnecessary frills just well designed, reusable and recyclable packaging
- Superbly balanced mix of discrete an integrated electronic circuitry
- Harmonised circuit stage arrangement for easy integration from phantom power input circuitry to capsule voltage bias
- Polar pattern switch allows you to select from Omni, Cardioid and Figure-of-Eight patterns
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (±3 dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14 dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kOhm: 23.7mW/Pa
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 80 dB A-Weighted (rel. 94 dB SPL)
Polar Pattern: Switchable
- Pad Switches: -20 dB/-10 dB/0 dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
- Dimensions: 174.5mm x 54mm (Length x Width)
- Weight: 547g
Steinberg UR22 Mk 2 USB Audio Interface Features
- 24-Bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface
- 2 Class-A D-PRE mic preamps supporting +48 V phantom power
- 2 Combo inputs (Hi-Z switch on input 2),
- 2 TRS outputs and headphones jack with independent level control
- Mac, PC and iPad compatible
- USB Bus powered for Mac and PC
- Zero-latency hardware monitoring with Mix balance control
- MIDI input and output
- Loopback function for streaming performances live to the Internet
- Ipad connectivity via the Apple iPad camera connection kit / lightning to USB camera adapter (sold separately)
- Rugged full-metal housing
- Includes Cubase AI DAW software download version for Mac and PC and Cubasis LE DAW app for iOS
- Inputs: 2 x XLR/TRS Combo Jacks
- Outputs: 2 x TRS Line Output, 1 x 1/4” Headphone
- Additional Connections: MIDI In/Out, USB
- Controls: 2 x Input Gain, 1 x Mix, 1 x Phones, 1 x Output, 1 x Hi-Z Switch
- USB Type: 2.0
- USB Bit Rate: 24 Bit
- USB Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz
Mic Inputs (Balanced)
- Input Level (Max): -10 dBu
- Input Impedance: 4 k Ohms
- Gain Range: +16 dB to +60 dB
Line Input (Unbalanced)
- Input Level (Max): +16 dBu
- Input Impedance: 20 k Ohms
- Gain Range: -8 dB to +52 dB
Hi-Z Input (Unbalanced)
- Input Level (Max): -4 dBV
- Input Impedance: 470k Ohm
- Gain Range: -8 dB to +52 dB
Line Output (Balanced)
- Output Level (Max): +10 dBu
- Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Operating System: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core
- RAM: 2 GB
- Free Disk Space: 4 GB
- Display Resolution: 1280 x 800
- Operating System: OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.4, 10.7, 10.8
- Processor: Intel Dual Core
- RAM: 2 GB
- Free Disk Space: 4 GB
- Display Resolution: 1280 x 800
Please Note: Steinberg USB audio interfaces are now incompatible with OS X 10.11.1. Since the release of 10.11.1, Steinberg have discovered an issue with audio dropouts that can vary depending on the system. Steinberg apologise for any inconvenience that this problem may cause, and are currently working on a resolution for this problem.
For a full list of Steinberg products that are compatible with OS X 10.11.1, click here .
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.