Genelec 7040A Ultra Compact Subwoofer
Genelec 7040A Ultra Compact SubwooferDetails
The Genelec 7040A Subwoofer was designed to compliment Genelec's 8010, 8020 and M030 active monitors, delivering accurate sound reproduction and precise monitoring of low-frequency content. These performance characteristics paired with a compact form factor make the 7040A ideal for use in sound design and music creation applications as well as audio and video production work in small rooms or improvised monitoring environment.
Product Ref: 58278View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Genelec Research and Experience
The unique enclosure design of the 7040A is the result of more than 10 years of research work and manufacturing experience and allows the 7040A to achieve a high sound pressure level (an essential property for a subwoofer) and move high volumes of air without distortion. Like the rest of the product line, all electronics, amplifier circuitry, drivers and enclosure are designed and assembled, tested and calibrated individually in the Genelec factory.
Powerful Class D Amplifier
Producing 100 dB of sound pressure level (SPL) the 7040A uses a 6.5'' woofer and a powerful Genelec-designed Class D amplifier. Utilising Genelec's acclaimed Laminar Spiral Enclosure (LSE ™), the enclosure is made from a spiral-shaped strip of steel, providing maximum mechanical stability for the large pressures generated within the subwoofer. The spiral forms the bass reflex port as well, enabling linear airflow also at the highest SLP outputs. This flow-optimised construction provides extended low frequency capacity and low distortion resulting in precise bass articulation.
Compact and Portable
Small rooms have limited floor space, resulting in the Genelec engineers to optimise the subwoofer enclosure with this in mind. With external dimensions of 410mm x 350mm x 205mm, the 7040A has a small that is smaller than that of a small practice guitar amplifier. Furthermore it is also narrow enough to allow it to fit in a 19'' rack.
What Genelec Say
''A trend in recent years is toward smaller-scale facilities and work that is often more focused in scope.. But these spaces and projects still demand a high level of performance in regards of equipment, and Genelec has addressed these needs with the 8010, 8020 and M030 active monitors. The 7040A, a professional, reliable, low-frequency reproduction subwoofer, is the perfect complement to these models and together provide a comprehensive, small footprint solution to serve this growing market.'' - Will Eggleston, Genelec USA Marketing Manager.
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 100 dB
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 90 Hz (-6 dB)
- Crossover Frequency: ± 3 dB (33 Hz - 85 Hz)
- Phase Correcting: 0 to -270° (90° steps)
- Driver Dimension: 6½ in
- Amplifier Power: 50 W
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 410 x 350 x 205 mm / 16 1/8 x 13 3/4 x 8 1/8 in
- Weight: 11.3 kg / 25 lb
- Connectors: 2 x XLR analogue inputs, 2 x XLR analogue outputs
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.