Neumann U87 AI Studio Microphone Set, Nickel
Neumann U87 AI Studio Microphone Set, NickelDetails
Product Ref: 8293View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Switchable Polar Patterns
The Neumann U87 AI can be used with either omnidirectional, cardioid or figure-8 polar patterns. A switch below the mesh head grille provides you with the ability to select the polar pattern that is best suited to each recording situation.
The U87 AI is a modern version of the original U87 i microphones that were built from 1967 to 1986. Equipped with modern electronic components, the U87 AI provides increased operational headroom by supplying the bias voltages for the capsule through a reduced resistance. This innovative design results in a higher sensitivity of 10dB, and an improved S/N ratio of 3dB, while retaining identical sound pressure levels.
Filter and Attenuation
The U87 AI microphone has a attenuation switch on the rear which adjusts the sensitivity by 10dB. When this switch is activated, the microphone is capable of handling sound pressure levels up to 127dB without distortion. An additional switch allows you to adjust the cutoff frequency, reducing low frequency interference directly at the input stage of the microphone amplifier. The switchable filter also compensates for the unavoidable bass boost that occurs with all pressure gradient transducers when they are positioned close to the sound source.
"[The U87] will reliably give you very good recordings every time." - Sound on Sound, Voted Best Microphone 2012
"Giving you an exceptional level of clarity, the U87 has its own distinct sonic signature, providing a deep, rich, pleasant tone to anything you record." - Voice Council
- Variable large diaphragm microphone
- Pressure- gradient transducer with double membrane capsule
- The studio microphone classic
- Three directional characteristics: omni, cardioid, figure-8
- Switchable low frequency roll-off
- Switchable 10 dB pre- attenuation
- Ideal as main and as support microphone in the most differing recording situations
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Omnidirectional, cardioid, figure-8 plus
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 20/28/22 mV/ Pa
- Rated impedance: 200 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1000 ohms
- Equivalent SPL CCIR 468-3: 26/23/25 dB
- Equivalent SPL DIN/IEC 651: 15/12/ 14 dB-A
- S/N ratio CCIR 468-3: 68/71/ 69 dB
- S/N ratio DIN/IEC 651: 79/82/80 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5 : 117 dB (cardioid)
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5 with preattenuation: 127 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 390 mV
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier cardioid DIN/IEC 651: 105 dB
- Supply voltage: 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption: 0.8 mA
- Matching connectors: XLR3F
- Weight: 500g
- Diameter: 56mm
- Length: 200mm
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.