Sontronics STC-10 Condenser Mic
Sontronics STC-10 Condenser MicDetails
Based on the ever popular STC-1, the new Sontronics STC-10 was launched with four other products to mark the Sontronics fifth anniversary.
Product Ref: 17266View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
STC-10 is a pencil-style cardioid condenser microphone. It has been designed using the same technology as Sontronics' existing pencil condenser mics, but has purposely been introduced to create an even more affordable option in the Sontronics range.
Pencil condenser microphones are ideal for spot miking applications and the STC-10 is no exception. Early tests have proved it to be a winner when used on drums, percussion and acoustic instruments. The STC-10 has also proved useful in film production work when used on a boom. Although the STC-10 has been designed with affordability in mind, it still features a built-in attentuation switch (choose 0dB or -10dB) and a low-cut filter (75Hz) to make it extremely flexible in all situations. The STC-10 is supplied with a simple mic clip and a foam windshield to prevent sibilance.
"The STC-10 is a great choice for live recordings and sound reinforcement....at this price you can afford to buy several to use all over the stage or around the studio!"
Jan Friedrich Konrad, Recording Magazine
"What a fabulous mic this is, I hope no one minds me saying but it's much better than I imagined it would be at this price. I'm using it on the altar in our church where I needed a fairly sensitive mic with a wide frontal pickup area. The frequency response is just perfect for the application and the mic itself is quite unobtrusive."
Sontronics User Review
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 16mV/Pa ±2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 18dB (A-weighted)
- Maximum SPL: 120db (for 0.5 THD @ 1,000Hz)
- Power: Phantom power 48V ±4V
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Colour: Satin black finish
- Supplied with: simple mounting ring
- Accessories: spider-style shockmount and aluminium flightcase available separately
- Applications: Vocals, acoustic guitar, voiceover, piano
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.