Tascam DR-70D Professional Recorder for DSLR
Tascam DR-70D Professional Recorder for DSLRDetails
Product Ref: 52834View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The Tascam DR-70D features two built in omnidirectional microphones for standard recording situations with just the recording unit, but also provides four XLR/TRS combo jacks for recording four channels of audio with excellent sound quality using professional microphones. For example channels 1 and 2 can be set to stereo input and channels 3 and 4 can be set to the built in microphone, allowing for a wide range of mic setups.
The DR-70D features a built in mixer that can take a total of 4 channels from the stereo mini-jack input, in-built stereo mic. or from the four XLR inputs that support phantom power. In addition to enable pan and level adjustments, this unit also offers a limiter, a five-setting low-cut filter and a delay that can compensate for distances between mics. Moreover, a mid-side decoding function allows the use of two microphones in mid-side configuration.
An included camera output allows the recorder's stereo signal to also be recorded on to the camera to ease editing of the material. The camera input can also be used to monitor the audio of the camera using the recorder.
Mic preamps, which receive and amplify microphone input signals, have a large impact on the quality of the recorded audio material. The DR-70D uses Tascam original HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone preamps, created through a careful selection of parts.
The DR-70D includes overload-resistant, great-sounding preamps with switchable low-cut filter and limiter, handling of microphone signals in mid/side format, 24- or 48-volts phantom power for condenser mics, as well as many common and not so common functions that facilitate capturing, monitoring and subsequent processing of the audio tracks, making this a versatile and competent piece of recording equipment.
- Compact, professional-grade audio recorder designed to be used in combination with a DSLR camera
- Uses an SD/SDHC/SDXC card as recording medium (up to 128 GB)
- High-quality recording inputs through Tascam original High Definition Discrete Architecture (HDDA) microphone preamps
- NE5532 operational amplifiers for even higher audio performance (also used on DA-3000)
- In addition to ordinary stereo recording, simultaneous recording of up to four channels is possible
- Four channels can be mixed down to a stereo signal
- Recording levels can be adjusted independently for inputs 1-4
- Dual recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- Recording at 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, linear PCM (WAV format)
- Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) supported as WAV recording format
- Two built-in omnidirectional microphones
- Four XLR/TRS combo inputs can provide phantom power (+24V/+48V)
- +24 dBu maximum input level (20 dB headroom)
- Additional unbalanced input for channels 1 and 2 (stereo mini jack) supports mics that require plug-in power, allowing the input of video mics and other high-output mics
- Switchable low-cut filter conveniently reduces low-frequency noise (40 Hz, 80 Hz, 120 Hz)
- Switchable limiter to prevent clipping
- High-quality audio can be output to a DSLR camera for recording
- Camera input enables convenient monitoring of audio from a DSLR camera
- Selectable mid-side decoding for use with MS microphone setups
- Slate tone functions (automatic/manual) to simplify synchronization of video files when editing
- Pre-recording function allows the unit to record the two seconds of sound before recording is activated
- Auto recording function to start start and stop recording by input level
- A new file can be created during recording (manually or by file size)
- Self-timer function to start recording after a set period of time
- Jump-back function allows the last several seconds of the currently played file to be replayed again by simply pressing a button
- Selectable delay to eliminate time lags caused by differences in the distances of two input sources
- QUICK button allows easy access to various functions
- Mark function convenient for moving to specific locations
- Equalizers for playback, and level alignment function to enhance the perceived overall sound pressure
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- Resume function to memorize the playback position before the unit is turned off
- Line output and headphones output with individual level controls (3.5-mm jack)
- Dedicated remote control jack for use with RC-10 and RC-3F (sold separately)
- Hold switch to prevent accidental operation
- Low-noise buttons
- 128 x 64 pixel LC display with backlight
- USB 2.0 port
- Stand adapter (1/4 inch) on bottom side to attach the unit to a tripod
- DSLR bracket for easy camera attachment and removal
- Hot shoe mount (accessible when not using the DSLR bracket)
- Handles on the front left and right sides protect the screen and can be used to attach a shoulder belt
- Operates on four AA batteries, an AC adapter (sold separately: TASCAM PS-P515U), external battery pack (sold separately: TASCAM BP-6AA) or USB bus power
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.