Yamaha HS5I Active Studio Monitor, Black
Yamaha HS5I Active Studio Monitor, BlackDetails
The Yamaha HS5I Active Studio Monitor features the iconic white woofer and signature sound that have become the preferred choice for countless professional audio engineers around the world. The HS5I utilises a bi-amplified design with a 5'' low-frequency driver and 1'' high-frequency dome to deliver an extended frequency range, along with astonishingly smooth responses and seamless, natural sonic transitions. The new HS5I monitor is also compatible with three optional mounting brackets, offering the flexibility needed to meet the demands of professional audio environments.
Product Ref: 74362View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Highly Efficient Transducers
The HS5I studio monitors feature newly developed transducers that achieve incredibly smooth responses over a wide frequency range. The highly efficient 1'' dome tweeter further extends the usable frequency range while the 5'' cone utilises high-quality magnets to deliver well-defined low frequencies at any output level, with exceptionally low distortion.
Low Resonance Enclosure Design
The bass-reflex enclosure is constructed from a very dense and resilient MDF with a damped acoustic response that's perfectly suited for reference monitors. Drawing from over 100 years of piano design experience, Yamaha's HSI series engineers also utilised a traditional three-way mitered-joint technique. Common to architectural design, this construction method firmly anchors the corners of the enclosure and ensures superior durability while also helping to eliminate unwanted resonance that can influence overall sound.
Controls and Connectivity
All HSI series full-range monitors feature two response controls with detailed settings, allowing you to adapt the monitor's performance depending on the surface acoustics of your own studio or production room. Room Control is ideal for attenuating the unnatural, exaggerated low-end that can often occur when speakers are placed next to walls, while High Trim provides flexible control of high-frequency responses. With XLR and TRS input connections, the HSI studio monitors can accommodate a wide range of both balanced and unbalanced sources such as mixers, keyboards, audio interfaces and more.
- System Type: Bi-Amplified 2-Way Active Monitor
- Overall Frequency Response: 74Hz - 24kHz, -3dB
- 54Hz - 30kHz, -10dB
- Crossover Frequency: 2kHz
- Low-Frequency Driver: 5'' Cone
- High-Frequency Driver: 1'' Dome
- Output Power: 70W Total (Dynamic Power)
- LF: 45W, 4Ω
- HF: 25W, 8Ω
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance: -10dBu/10kΩ
- Input Connectors (Parallel):
- XLR-3-31 Type (Balanced)
- PHONE (Balanced)
- Level Control (+4dB, Center Click)
- High Trim Switch (±2dB at HF)
- Room Control Switch (0/-2/-4dB Under 500Hz
- Power Indicator: White LED
- Power Consumption: 45W
- Enclosure: Bass-Reflex
- Enclosure Material: MDF
- Mounting Points: Four Surfaces x 2 x M5 (60mm Pitch)
- Dimensions: 170mm x 285mm x 222mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 5.5kg (12.1lbs)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.