Zoom H2n Recorder
Zoom H2n RecorderDetails
Product Ref: 22327View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The H2n features Zoom's best microphones yet and is the only portable recorder with five mic capsules onboard. This design enables the H2n to offer four unique recording modes: Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, 2-channel and 4-channel surround sound.
The First Portable Mid-Side Recorder
The H2n is the first handheld recorder to offer Mid-Side stereo recording, a technique used for many years in film and broadcast, where ambience and surrounding noise are crucial. Mid-Side recording combines a uni-directional Mid mic that captures sound directly in front of you and a bi-directional Side mic that captures sound from your left and right. By increasing or decreasing the level of the Side mic, you can control the width of the stereo field, which gives you incredible flexibility over your recordings. If you record in RAW mode, you can even adjust the stereo width after recording.
But the H2n doesn't stop there. The H2n's onboard 90° X/Y stereo condenser mics are arranged with the right and left mics on the same axis. This design ensures that the mics are always equidistant from the sound source for perfect localization and no phase shifting. The result is brilliant stereo recording with natural depth and accurate imaging.
Using the H2n's Mid-Side and X/Y mics together, you can create stunning 360° surround sound recordings. Choose between 2-channel mode, which combines the Mid-Side and X/Y mics, and 4-channel mode, which records two separate stereo files, allowing you even more post-production capability. No matter which mode you use, you'll get perfectly balanced, surround sound recordings.
Bigger & Brighter
The 1.8-inch backlit LCD display (128 x 64 resolution) provides crystal-clear monitoring and makes it simple to navigate all of the unit's functions, with a built-in reference speaker letting you know your recordings have been captured. With its 1/8-inch stereo output, you can also playback your recordings on your home audio system or listen to your masterpiece using your favourite pair of headphones.Transfer & Edit at High-Speed
Use the H2n's High-Speed USB 2.0 interface to transfer files to your Mac or PC. Once your recordings are on your computer, you can easily store, edit, playback and share your favorite creations. You can even use the H2n as a USB microphone, letting you record directly to your computer.
Steinberg's WaveLab LE 7 software is included and can be used for audio editing and professional-quality mastering. By using its precise waveform editing and high-quality processing, you can refine your recordings into finished works.
- Five built-in microphones and four recording modes: Mid-
- Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, and both 2-channel and 4-channel surround
- Analog-type input gain control
- Auto Gain provides three preset recording levels
- Stereo ?" Mic/Line In mini phone jack with Plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo ?" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- Built-in reference speaker for fast monitoring
- Large 1.8 inch backlit LCD display
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record and Pre-record features
- WAV to MP3 conversion
- Internal mixdown: four-track surround to stereo
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting and low-cut filtering
- Onboard MS decoding
- Normalize and Divide functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50 to 150 for phrase training
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as a USB microphone
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- SD card reader function
- Data recovery function automatically saves data if power fails or card is removed
- Mounts directly to tripod or DSLR
- Runs on only 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17, USB to AC type)
- Over 20 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Recording media: 16MB–2GB SD cards, 4GB–32GB SDHC cards
- Built-in memory: Up to 1 minute in 96kbps MP3 format (Recording overwrites any previous recording in memory)
- Mic arrangements: 90? X/Y stereo, MS stereo with adjustable side mic level
- Recording modes: MS, XY, MS+XY (2ch), MS+XY (4ch)
- Microphone types: Directional (XY, MS mid mics), Bidirectional (MS side mic)
- Maximum sound pressure input: 120 dB spl (directional), 122 dB spl (bi-directional)
- Stereo uncompressed PCM: 44.1 / 48 / 96kHz, 16 / 24bit WAV (BWF)
- Compressed MP3 (recording): 44.1kHz, 48kHz 56 /64/80/96/112/128/160/192/ 224/256/320kbps (Not compatible with MS-RAW recording)
- Compressed MP3 (playback): 44.1kHz, 48kHz 32/40/48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps
- 4ch uncompressed PCM: 44.1 / 48 / 96kHz, 16 / 24bit WAV (BWF)(Two stereo files for each recording)
- A/D conversion: 24-bit 128x oversampling
- D/A conversion: 24-bit 128x oversampling
- Signal processing: 32-bit
- Recording time (2GB card): 3:08:00 (44.1kHz/16bit WAV), 34:43:00 (128kbps MP3)
- Lo cut: 80Hz high-pass filter
- Comp/Limiter: 3 types of compressors and 3 types of limiters
- Auto gain: Automatic input gain adjustment (3 levels)
- Pre rec: 2 seconds of pre-recording
- Auto rec: Automatic recording start/stop, continuous standby
- Tuner: Chromatic, guitar, bass and alternate (A/E/G/D/DADGAD) tunings with automatic string detection
- Metronome: 40–250 BPM range, five tones, pre-count
- Speed: Playback speed adjustable between 50–150
- Key control: Playback pitch adjustable ±6 semitones (Cannot be used with 96kHz files)
- AB repeat: Repeats playback between selected points in a file
- File divide: Divides a file into two
- File normalize: Maximizes file volume (Cannot be used with MP3s)
- File MP3 encode: Converts WAV files to MP3 formats at fixed bit rates
- Mark: Up to 99 marks (WAV files only)
- Surround mixer: Adjusts mix balance when playing back 4ch surround recordings
- Display graphic: 128×64 pixels backlit LCD
- Input gain: 0 to +39 dB
- Input jack:
- Line/mic stereo mini jack with plug-in power
- 2 kΩ impedance at input levels of 0 to –39 dBm
- Output jack: Line/headphone stereo mini jack
- Rated output level: −10 dBm (output impedance 10 kΩ or more)
- Headphones: 20 mW + 20 mW (into 32 Ω load)
- Built-in speaker: 400mW, 8Ω, mono
- USB: Mini-B type, Card reader operation
- USB 2.0 high speed: Audio interface operation
- USB 1.0 full speed:
- Supports 44.1 / 48kHz sampling rates and 16-bit rate
- USB bus power operation supported
- Two AA batteries, AD-17 USB to AC adapter (DC 5V 1A)
- Continuous operation of 20 or more hours when recording
- 44.1kHz/16-bit WAV files using alkaline batteries
- Physical features: Tripod mounting socket, strap attachment
- Dimensions: 67.6mm (W) x 113.85mm (H) x 42.7mm (D)
- Weight: 130 g (without batteries)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.