Zoom R8 Recorder
Zoom R8 RecorderDetails
This amazing, ultra-portable system combines four production tools in one. It works as an 8-track recorder that utilises SD memory, an audio interface, a DAW control surface and a sampler complete with drum pads and a rhythm machine.
Product Ref: 19488View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Recording with Portability
Record 2 tracks simultaniously and playback 8 tracks. Record live music performances, rehearsals, songwriting sessions or even audio for film and video. You can playback up to eight tracks of audio at up to 24-bit/48kHz resolution as WAV files. There's even an UNDO/REDO function to cancel the last recording operation and restore the previous state should there be a mistake. You can even mix down completed songs inside the R8 and save a mix for each project.
An Interface with 2-in/2-out Capability
The R8 works as an audio interface which supports 2 inputs and 2 outputs. Connect it to your computer via USB, launch your favorite DAW or use the included Cubase LE software. With its simultaneous 2-in/2-out capability, you can record up to 24-bit/96kHz high definition audio. If you use the 44.1kHz sampling rate, the internal DSP effects of the R8 are also available for your computer tracks. Adjust the mixing balance between the DAW playback sound and the direct sound for monitoring with the dedicated control.
A Control Surface
The R8 can be used as a control surface for most DAW software. Use it for transport functions (play, record, stop) and mixing operations. It works with major DAWs such as Cubase, Logic, and Sonar. Furthermore, you can easily move multiple faders at the same time. No more mixing with a mouse!
An 8-Voice Sampler
With built-in sampler functions, you can loop audio data on any track. Play the 8 pads in real-time and combine loops to create a performance for an entire song. When setting loop intervals, you can see the waveforms for visual confirmation. Change the tempo without changing the pitch with time stretching and trim the unneeded parts of loops,. You can use the sampler and recorder functions together seamlessly to play back loop tracks while recording instrumental performances on other tracks.
Click on the link below for more information on the many features of the R8:This includes:
- 500 MB of Drum Loops Inside
- Create beats of your own with the powerful rhythm machine
- Built-in Stereo Microphones
- Over 140 DSP Effects, including Guitar Amp Modeling
- 18 types of guitar amplifier models and 6 types of bass amp models
- Supports SDHC cards with capacities of up to 32GB
- Locate Functions for Easy Editing
- Rapid file transfer with Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Inputs for Guitars, Mics and Line Sources
- Tuner and Metronome Functions
- Powered by an AC adapter, Batteries or USB Bus Power
- Zoom FS01 Footswitch Also Available on Gear4music.com
- Steinberg Cubase LE DAW Software Included
Link also includes Specifications.
Windows® XP SP3 or later / Vista SP1 or later / 7
Intel® Pentium® 4 1.8GHz or better
RAM : 1GB or more
USB2.0 compatible port
OS X 10.5.8/10.6.5 or later
Intel® Core Duo 1.83GHz or better
RAM : 1GB or more
USB2.0 compatible port
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.