Korg Volca FM Digital Synthesizer
Korg Volca FM Digital SynthesizerDetails
Product Ref: 68695View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Usability and portability are the two main objectives of Korg’s Volca range and the FM is no different. There are plenty of ways to easily attain the sounds you’re looking for with the Volca FM. The 6 operators can be edited on the system to find your unique tone. There’s LFO with depth and rate controls, and an array of editing knobs for further customisation. The presets are an obvious throwback to synths of the 80s, but recreate them faithfully and with attention to detail. The Volca FM can be filled with sounds from the DX-7 via the online database SysEx, making it a powerful tool for a multitude of song possibilities.
In the 1980s, when FM (Frequency Modulation) sound generation was introduced, it became a major turning point in the history of synthesizers. The metallic, sharp sounds, most notably electric piano and synth bass, are still hugely popular with modern music creators. The Volca FM perfectly reproduces the classic sound engine of the digital synthesizer that made the world aware of FM synthesis. Its six operators and 32 algorithms provide complete compatibility and it can even load files in the SYS-EX/SYX format of the Yamaha DX7.
Simple Sound Editing
The MODULATOR/CARRIER edit knobs make sound editing simple with their movements mapped to multiple parameters. FM enthusiasts can explore full parameter edits with the help of the included Parameter List Guide.
The Volca FM features a lush chorus effect to add depth to your sounds and expand the creative potential even further.
16 Step Sequencer
A loop sequencer with up to 16 steps lets you record your performance on the touch panel keyboard as you play. Easily create phrases and store up to 16 sequence patterns in internal memory. The motion sequence function records your knob movements so you can add time varying change to the sound. This means you can polish your loops and generate impressive and original live performances.
Unique Live Performance
The Korg Volca FM features an active step function that lets you skip steps during a sequence and new functions that allow you to generate more irregular rhythms. If the active step is fewer than 16 steps, you can use the WARP ACTIVE STEP function to compensate to occupy the same playback time as 16 steps; then by synchronising the playback with another Volca series unit, you can deliberately skew the step timing to generate truly unconventional performances.
In a first for the Volca series, the Volca FM is also equipped with an arpeggiator. By using this in conjunction with a motion sequence you can create extremely eccentric rhythm patterns. The pattern chain function lets you connect multiple sequence patterns for successive playback, making it possible to construct large-scale developments of 32, 64, or even 256 steps by joining up to 16 sequences.
The Volca FM provides a sync connector that can be easily connected to Korg's groove machines. Connect this to the other Korg Volca series unit, the Electribe, or the SQ-1, and experience a session with synchronised sequencer playback. When two units of Volca FM are connected, you can clone the sound programs and sequence data from Volca FM to Volca FM. The MIDI IN jack also lets you use the Volca as a sound module for DAW and MIDI controller.
- True FM synthesis
- 3-voice polyphonic FM synthesizer, fully compatible with classic unit
- Super-easy sound editing
- Onboard CHORUS effect
- Volca-style sequencing and more
- 16-step sequencer allows to automate each parameters
- WARP ACTIVE STEP, ARPEGGIATOR and PATTERN CHAIN make crazy looping rhythms and patterns
- High playability
- Synchronise two volca FM units
- Compact size, battery operation, and built-in speaker
- Type: Multi touch keyboard
- Type: FM synthesis
- Maximum Polyphony: 3 voices
- Structure: 6 operators, 32 algorithms
- Number of Programs: 32
- Main Edits: Modulator (Attack, Decay), Carrier (Attack, Decay), LFO (Rate, P.Depth), Algrtm, Available to edit full parameters for each operator in Edit Mode
- Controls: Transpose, Velocity, Octave, Arp (Type, Div)
- Arpeggiator Types: 9 (each 3 patterns of "Rise", "Fall", and "Random")
- Voice Modes: Poly, Mono, Unison
- Type: Chorus
- Number of Parts: 1
- Number of Steps: 16
- Number of Recording Patterns: 16
- Controls Motion Sequence, Active Step, Warp Active Step, Pattern Chain, Metronome
- Audio Output: Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync: Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V), Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Output level: 5V), When two units of volca fm, available to export the sound programs and sequence data from a volca fm to the other one
- MIDI: In, Available to convert and load SYS-EX/SYX file created on the Yamaha DX7
- Power Supply: AA alkaline battery x 6 or AA nickel-metal hydride battery x 6, Or AC adapter (DC 9V) (optional)
- Battery Life: Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- (W x D x H): 193 x 115 x 40 mm / 7.60” x 4.53” x 1.57”
- Weight: 360 g / 12.70 oz. (Excluding batteries)
- Included Items: AA alkaline battery x 6 (for verifying operation), Sync Cable, Edit Parameter List
- Accessories: AC adapter (DC 9V) KA-350
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.