Radial StageBug SB-5 Passive Laptop DI Box
Radial StageBug SB-5 Passive Laptop DI BoxDetails
The StageBug SB-5 is a stereo direct box designed for laptops, tablets and smartphones when amplifying the signal through a PA. The SB-5 allows audio playback via PA systems, audio-visual integration and portable DJ setups, ideal for those on the go who keep their music on a portable device.
Product Ref: 40421View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Stage Bug SB-5 is a passive DI box with an integrated input cable that connects from the headphone out via a flexible 1.5m (5') cable that has a standard 3.5mm (1/8") stereo connector. The cable is secured using a clamping strain relief and wrapped using the sidewinder cleat for easy storage and immediate access for quick use.
Inside the signal is sent to a pair of custom wound transformers where the impedance is lowered and the signal balanced for long cable runs upwards to 100 meters (300'). The computer is isolated from the PA to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops and a ground lift switch further educes ground contamination.
The Radial StageBug SB-5 has a choice of output connectors available including a stereo set of 1/4" TRS jacks for full stereo operation or an XLR that automatically sums the left-right program material to mono saving valuable channels on the PA and making setup easier in situations where full stereo reproduction is not needed. A -15dB input pad can be used to reduce sensitivity and allow extra high output sources to be connected without distortion.
For more information on how to use the StageBug SB-5 please download the user guide PDF below.
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of channels: Two channels, mono or stereo outputs
- Frequency response: 20Hz 20KHz (± 1dB)
- Dynamic range: 100dB
- Maximum input: +20dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.01 @ 1kHz
- Phase deviation: 2° @ 100Hz; 5° @ 50Hz
- Input impedance: 40k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 2.8k Ohms, balanced
- Transformer: Custom design
- Input pad: -10dB
- Auto Merge: Sums left & right sources to mono at XLR
- Ground lift: Disconnects pin-1 at 1/4" TRS outputs
- XLR configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Input connector: 3.5mm (1/8") integrated 1.5m (5') cable
- Output connectors: 1/4" TRS stereo / XLR-M mono merge
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Baked enamel
- Size: (L x W x D) 4.5" x 1,85" x 1.35" (114mm x 47mm x 34mm)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (250 grams)
- Shipping Size: W x H x D: 102 x 76 x 165mm (4" x 3" x 6.5")
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 lbs (365 grams)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.