Avantone Mixcubes Active Studio Monitors, Butter Cream (Pair)
Avantone Mixcubes Active Studio Monitors, Butter Cream (Pair)Details
The Avantone MixCube Active Studio Monitors were inspired by the original 5C Sound Cubes that are still in use worldwide. These self-powered MixCube Monitors feature some of the same design elements as their inspiration, but offer an improved, more linear frequency response. Please note, the colour pictured here may vary slightly from actual product.
Product Ref: 37158View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The full range, rugged, mini-reference monitors feature a cabinet design made from dense MDF for high rigidity and inherent low-resonance characteristics, finished with a "retro cream" Polyurethane high gloss. The Mixcubes also feature high-end nickel plated, machined solid metal binding posts (Dual banana spacing) mounted on a black anodized, milled and silk-screened aluminum terminal plate. On the base of each Mixcube there is a 7mm thick neoprene pad to serve as a skid-resistant acoustic isolator. Additionally, for creative mounting situations, an industry standard 5/8"-27 mic stand mount is fitted into the base.
The 5.25" die cast aluminum frame driver/cone assembly exceeds the performance of the original 5C Sound Cubes. The mounting bezel is then polished for an elegant appearance. The custom designed paper cone is chosen for its musical character and is crafted using the finest New Zealand pulp with mica fibers, making it sturdy yet lightweight. The cloth surround is made in Japan to exacting uniform thickness tolerances. The Top Plate and T-Yoke of driver are made of Sumitomo 1008 low carbon steel enabling the highest modeled flux density in the gap. The magnets are Y- 40 GRADE (MIL-SPEC) yielding a 43oz. High Power-low distortion motor structure.
The shielded aspect of the Avantone Active Mixcubes means that they can be placed near a TV or CRT video monitor without causing any problems due to interference. The ideal position for these studio monitors is for them to be kept at ear level and slightly angled towards the engineer. The bottom mic stand mounts will also allow you creative positioning options in unusual studio playback situations.
Enjoy a smooth, more open, transparent top end response and extended bass with the Avantone Mixcubes. It is important to make mixing judgments based on the clearest audio possible, such as that from studio monitors, rather than smaller, "bass-challenged" systems such as televisions, clock radios, computers, car stereos and iPod docking stations.
- System Type: Active (Self-powered) shielded full-range stereo pair
- Frequency Response: 90Hz - 17,000Hz (useful musical range)
- >Driver Impedance: Nominal 8 ohms
- Max SPL: 104db @ 1 meter = 1 THD (PINK NOISE)
- Amplifier Type: Class A/B
- Amplifier Power: 60 watts RMS@ .005 THD (1KHz)
- Amp Frequency Response: 22Hz-50KHz +0dB/- 3dB (90Hz-50KHz +/-0dB)
- Noise: S/N -113 dB
- Sensitivity: 0dBu (.775VRMS) input at maximum volume (+6dB) = 104dB SPL
- Driver: Proprietary design 5.25" cast aluminum frame / paper cone / shielded
- Cabinet: sealed / 18mm MDF / Dacron acoustical stuffing
- Inputs: XLR & TRS (COMBO JACK) +4/Balanced and -10 unbalanced
- Weight: 7 lb 5 oz (per speaker)
- Dimensions: 165mm x 165mm x 165mm (6 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" in)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.