Avantone Mixcubes Active Studio Monitors, Black (Pair)
Avantone Mixcubes Active Studio Monitors, Black (Pair)Details
The Avantone MixCube Active Studio Monitors were inspired by the original 5C Sound Cubes that are still in use worldwide. These self-powered MixCube Monitors feature some of the same design elements as their inspiration, but offer an improved, more linear frequency response.
Product Ref: 37160View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The full range, rugged, mini-reference monitors feature a cabinet design made from dense MDF for high rigidity and inherent low-resonance characteristics, finished with a black Polyurethane high gloss. The Mixcubes also feature high-end nickel plated, machined solid metal binding posts (Dual banana spacing) mounted on a black anodized, milled and silk-screened aluminum terminal plate. On the base of each Mixcube there is a 7mm thick neoprene pad to serve as a skid-resistant acoustic isolator. Additionally, for creative mounting situations, an industry standard 5/8"-27 mic stand mount is fitted into the base.
The 5.25" die cast aluminum frame driver/cone assembly exceeds the performance of the original 5C Sound Cubes. The mounting bezel is then polished for an elegant appearance. The custom designed paper cone is chosen for its musical character and is crafted using the finest New Zealand pulp with mica fibers, making it sturdy yet lightweight. The cloth surround is made in Japan to exacting uniform thickness tolerances. The Top Plate and T-Yoke of driver are made of Sumitomo 1008 low carbon steel enabling the highest modeled flux density in the gap. The magnets are Y- 40 GRADE (MIL-SPEC) yielding a 43oz. High Power-low distortion motor structure.
The shielded aspect of the Avantone Active Mixcubes means that they can be placed near a TV or CRT video monitor without causing any problems due to interference. The ideal position for these studio monitors is for them to be kept at ear level and slightly angled towards the engineer. The bottom mic stand mounts will also allow you creative positioning options in unusual studio playback situations.
Enjoy a smooth, more open, transparent top end response and extended bass with the Avantone Mixcubes. It is important to make mixing judgments based on the clearest audio possible, such as that from studio monitors, rather than smaller, "bass-challenged" systems such as televisions, clock radios, computers, car stereos and iPod docking stations.
- System Type: Active (Self-powered) shielded full-range stereo pair
- Frequency Response: 90Hz - 17,000Hz (useful musical range)
- >Driver Impedance: Nominal 8 ohms
- Max SPL: 104db @ 1 meter = 1 THD (PINK NOISE)
- Amplifier Type: Class A/B
- Amplifier Power: 60 watts RMS@ .005 THD (1KHz)
- Amp Frequency Response: 22Hz-50KHz +0dB/- 3dB (90Hz-50KHz +/-0dB)
- Noise: S/N -113 dB
- Sensitivity: 0dBu (.775VRMS) input at maximum volume (+6dB) = 104dB SPL
- Driver: Proprietary design 5.25" cast aluminum frame / paper cone / shielded
- Cabinet: sealed / 18mm MDF / Dacron acoustical stuffing
- Inputs: XLR & TRS (COMBO JACK) +4/Balanced and -10 unbalanced
- Weight: 7 lb 5 oz (per speaker)
- Dimensions: 165mm x 165mm x 165mm (6 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" in)
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.