The New Classic Beauty
The Les Paul Standard 2017 T benefits from several ground-breaking updates that appeal to the modern player, yet also boats an iconic Les Paul appearance. Equipped with classic Les Paul appointments including amber top-hat control knobs, Grover locking kidney tuners, chrome hardware, cream binding, and traditional acrylic trapezoid inlays, the Gibson Les Paul Standard T Electric Guitar is the perfect guitar for any level of player.
Stunning AAA Flamed Maple Top
The Gibson Les Paul Standard T Electric Guitar is manufactured with a mahogany body, along with an AAA flamed maple top. The use of maple provides a tiger stripe effect, which is beautifully recognisable throughout the blueberry burst finish. This iconic guitar is also trimmed in retro creme binding along the edge, which breaks up the solid block colour, and matches the pickup surrounding.
Ultra Modern Weight Relief
The Gibson Les Paul Standard T Electric Guitar features an ultra-modern weight relief chambered body for comfort and enhanced resonance. This weight-relief process involves routing nine round holes in the mahogany body before the stunning maple top is attached. These holes are strategically placed in the lower bouts on the bass-side of the guitar, offering you a comfortable-lightweight guitar that can be played all night long.
Asymmetrical Slim Taper Neck Profile
This Asymmetrical design provides one of the most comfortable and playable necks ever offered on any guitar. This ergonomically-correct profile is tapered, and designed to be thicker on the bass side, and thinner on the treble side, closely outlining the natural form of the hand as it grips the neck. Overall, this particular neck offers comfort and allows for flexible hand movement along the whole neck.
The Les Paul Standard T Electric Guitar is equipped with Burstbucker Pro pickups which recapture the magic of the original “Patent Applied For” humbucker pickups of the 1950s. Designed specifically for the new Les Paul Standards, the Burstbucker Pro features an Alnico V magnet rather than an Alnico II, and delivers a slightly higher output, allowing preamps to be driven a little harder to achieve a more natural break-up.
Like all Burstbuckers, the Burstbucker Pro has asymmetrical coils, which are true to the original PAFs, and supply a more open sound. The Burstbucker Pro Rhythm is wound slightly less than the original PAFs, while the Burstbucker Pro Lead is slightly overwound for an increased output. In addition, the Burstbucker Pro pickups are also wax potted to allow loud volume pressures with minimal feedback, and delivering the perfect tone.
TekToid Nut For an Enhanced Tone
Gibson has begun using TekToid graphite nuts on all of the guitars they build, as it offers increased harmonics in the middle and upper frequency range perfect for a rich and detailed tone. TekToid Graphite is the best high-tech cure for eliminating undesirable friction within the nut, which can cause tuning problems. It is the ideal choice for a guitar nut, as it has excellent conductive qualities, which overall benefit a guitar’s tone and sustain.
Aluminium Tune-O-Matic Bridge Enhances String Resonance
The Gibson Les Paul Standard T Electric Guitar, features a Tune-O-Matic bridge, which is an extremely popular fixed bridge type due to its stability, reliability, comfortable playing position and impressive sustain. Additionally adjusting the string action and intonation is extremely simple with a tune-o-matic bridge. Simply adjust the height of the bridge with the mounting rods to alter the action and screw in or out the bridge saddles to achieve perfect intonation.
This stunning Les Paul includes Gibson’s classic hardshell case for portability and storage. If that's not enough, it also comes with a premium leather strap, Gibson’s multi-tool, and a polishing cloth, which is everything you need to get you started!
- Burstbuckers Pro Humbuckers Deliver Powerful PAF-Inspired Tones
- Includes Gibson’s Classic Hardshell Case for Portability and Storage
- Asymmetrical Slim Taper Neck Profile Offers a Comfortable Play
- Grover Locking Kidney Tuners Provide Excellent Tuning Stability
- Aluminium TOM Bridge and Stop Bar Create Excellent String Resonance
- AAA Flamed Maple Top Provides a Visually Stunning and Unique Look
- A Lightweight Mahogany Body and Neck Offers the Ultimate Comfort
- Features 4 Push/Pull Controls, 2 for Coil Taps, 1 for Pure Bypass, and 1 for Phase
- Includes Premium Leather Strap, Gibson’s Multi-Tool, and a Polishing Cloth
Body & Bridge
- Series: Core T
- Style: Les Paul Standard
- Top: AAA Flamed Maple
- Body: Mahogany
- Weight Relief: Ultra-Modern
- Bridge: Aluminium Tune-o-Matic w/Steel Thumbwheels
- Tailpiece: Aluminium Stop Bar w/Steel Posts
- Binding: Cream
- Construction: Set-In
- Finish: Blueberry Burst
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: Asymmetrical Slim Taper
- Width: 1.695"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75”
- Frets: 22 Polished
- Nut: Tektoid
- Heel: Traditional
- Inlays: Acrylic Trapezoid
- Bridge Pickup: Burstbucker Pro Lead
- Neck Pickup: Burstbucker Pro Rhythm
- Controls: 2x Volumes (Push/Pull)/2x Tones (Push/Pull)/1x Toggle Switch
- Tuning Machines: Grover Locking Kidneys
- Control knobs: Amber Top Hats
- Hardware: Chrome
- Case: Classic Gibson Hardshell
- Accessories: Premium Leather Strap/Gibson Multi-Tool/Polishing Cloth