View Full Description
The TPE DC DLX Electro Acoustic Guitar features a solid AA Englemann spruce top which delivers a richly mellow tone with a broad dynamic range that accommodates any playing style with ease. This stunning A-grade tonewood provides crisp articulation and a fundamental tone, which gives the guitar's sound plenty of direct power. With the combined tiger stripe mahogany body, this model offers a clear and direct focus, along with a stunning dark grain. Mahogany is a very dense tonewood and a popular choice for guitars, due to it delivering a full, rich sound with added punch. The sound is warm, open and clear, and both the treble and bass registers are clearly present and balanced in relation to each other. Its stunning grain offers a high quality instrument that will stand out from any crowd.
Dreadnought Body Shape
The Tanglewood TPE DC DLX features a dreadnought body shape, which is one of the most popular guitar shapes around. With its elegant curves, this shape offers a versatile voice that is evenly balanced across the tonal spectrum, and sits well in any mix. In addition, this popular body shape accommodates many different playing styles, making it a favourite choice among acoustic players.
Along with its dreadnought body shape, this beautiful tiger striped mahogany guitar also features a stylish cutaway design. The main benefit of this popular design is easier access to the higher frets, and fluid hand flexibility across the whole fingerboard.
Fishman INK Preamp
As well as providing you with stunning looks and acoustic tone, this guitar is equipped with a Fishman INK onboard preamp. Its discreet side-mounted control panel provides you with an easy-to-reach EQ section that doesn't take away from the overall aesthetics. Players can also benefit from a built-in chromatic tuner, for quick and precise tuning between songs.
D'Addario EXP strings for the Final Ingredient
Finally, the TPE DC DLX Electro Acoustic Guitar is complete with a set of D’Addario EXP steel strings, which feature hexagonal cores made of revolutionary NY High Carbon Steel. Manufactured in New York, these newly engineered, break-resistant, high-carbon strings deliver unprecedented strength and pitch stability.
"Full-blooded rhythm work is always the stamp of a good dreadnought, and this Tanglewood can do it all day." Music Radar
Read the full review here
- Equipped with an Fishman INK onboard preamp for added volume at larger events, with up to 90 hours battery life
- Includes an attractive push-to-tune chromatic tuner, along with a 3-Band EQ for quick and easy tuning between performances
- Crafted from Solid AA Englemann Spruce and Tiger Stripe Mahogany for a warm, crisp tone with plenty of acoustic projection
- Cutaway shape allows easier access to the higher frets and improves hand flexibility
- Dreadnought body delivers a versatile tone and can accommodate any playing style
- D’Addario EXP strings provide a superb, long-lasting tone and playing ease
- Ornate details include subtle pinstripe black purfling, abalone rosette and an elegant rosewood bridge
Body & Bridge
- Body Length: 487mm
- Body Shape: Cutaway Dreadnought
- Body Back: Tiger Stripe Mahogany
- Body Sides: Tiger Stripe Mahogany
- Body Top: Solid AA Englemann Spruce
Neck & Fingerboard
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Nut Width: PPS (43mm)
- Scale Length: 650mm
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware Finish: Natural Gloss
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Bridge Pins: ABS Black With White Dots
- Machine Heads: Open Die-Cast
- Electronics: Fishman INK
- Strings: D'Addario EXP 16 12-53
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.