View Full Description
The Vintage Modified Superdelay packs in plenty of delay possibilities, including many that are entirely unique to this pedal. It is without a doubt one of the most powerful and versatile delay pedals available. Equipped with a dedicated control for operating different modes including normal, tap, autoset, reverse, rhythm, tape delay, misc and loop mode.
This is the standard digital delay type operation, known and loved by all. In Normal Mode the tap switch, when pressed, mutes the wet signal for one ‘delay time’ period. This is useful if you’re using a high feedback setting; you can press the tap switch when you change chords to avoid dissonance from the feedback of the previous chord ringing over the current chord.
Whilst using the Tap Mode, the delay time is controlled by tapping the tap switch repeatedly to a desired tempo. For tapped tempo accuracy the unit takes an average of repeated taps.
In Auto-Set Mode the Superdelay sets the delay time by listening to the dynamics in your playing. The Superdelay is watching for volume peaks in the input signal. For this to work effectively the input passages should have relatively consistent rhythmic content.
Reverse and Rhythm Modes
In Reverse Mode the delay samples are played backwards. The Rhythm multi-tap mode allows you to input a rhythm of up to four taps by pressing the tap switch repeatedly. This rhythm will then be mimicked by the delay.
The Tape Mode was designed to relay some of the classic characteristics of analog tape delays. Delay time is controlled with the tap switch, and the d time/ratio knob functions as a ratio control in Tape Mode.
This clever unit has the ability to sample and loop 13.6 seconds of audio. Once an initial audio clip has been sampled it will loop continuously and the user can add additional layers to the loop. This is an ideal tool for creating a bigger sound with a dramatic impact. It provides a fun way to record and overdub ideas, useful for improvising creating new song parts.
The Empress Effects Superdelay is equipped with eight preset locations where users can store and recall their favourite settings. All the settings of each mode can be stored except for the audio loop in Looper Mode. When the pedal is first powered up, it operates with the settings that are on the knobs, as opposed to a preset being automatically loaded.
"If you’re looking for the best digital delay pedal, the Vintage Modified Superdelay is a must-play" Best Guitar Effects
Read the full review here.
Killer Sound Quality with the Signal to Noise ratio is around 105dB
- 2.8 Seconds of Delay Time For extra long delay
- 8 modes including normal, tap, autoset (delay time is set by tempo played), reverse, rhythm mode (multitap), tape mode, misc (dynamic, gate), and 11 second looper
- Expression Pedal Input that allows you to control either mix or feedback with your foot
- High pass filter that is good for electronic music
- Low pass Filter for sweet for darker analog delay type sounds
- Fast/Slow Modulation for added textures
- Settings can be saved to 8 presets, with three footswitches for easy operation
- Tap Tempo with Ratios making fast in-time delay times easy
- Uses true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged
- Small Size unit of approximately 5.7" by 3.75" by 1.75"
Power Input Voltage:9 - 12 V DC (Positive tip)
- Power Input Connector:2.1mm barrel connector (Positive tip)
- Power Consumption:~300mA
- Enclosure Material:Die Cast Aluminum
- Input connector:1/4" Jack
- Output connector: 1/4" Jack
- Height (Enclosure only):1.75"
- Height (including controls): 2.25"
- Weight:1.5 lb
- Signal to noise ratio:105dB
The product price includes 4 years' warranty and 60 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 60 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.