View Full Description
New Improvements for 2017
Designed and handcrafted in Bozeman, Montana, the Gibson J-45 Cutaway Electro Acoustic Guitar features new and improved modifications unlike its original specifications. Many of the new features consist of both cosmetic changes and sound improvements, and include a LR Baggs VTC pickup, 2017 Commemorative Stamp on the back of the headstock, and a newly designed cutaway body shape.
Sitka Spruce & Mahogany
Sitka spruce is the perfect choice for the top wood on the J-45 due to its straight, uniform grain, longevity and tensile strength. The choice of using sitka spruce offers a perfect soundboard, and generates a broad dynamic range that can accommodate many different playing styles. Combined with mahogany back and sides, the J-45 offers a beautiful tone with the highest quality that you would expect from a Gibson guitar. Mahogany offers a rich, thick present midrange and an earthy voice that is especially used in blues and bluegrass music. As well as a superb tone, the choice of mahogany also offers a beautiful grain and adds to the overall visual impact of the J-45.
L.R. Baggs Element Active Acoustic Pickup System
The J-45 Custom comes equipped with the popular Element Active Acoustic Pickup System from L.R. Baggs, which features a low-profile undersaddle element-or transducer-that's proven more stable and durable than many standard ribbon-type pickups. Combined with an onboard preamp with an unobtrusive and removable volume control mounted just inside the Soundhole, the Element delivers performance not previously attainable from an undersaddle pickup. Its sleek and effective design removes unnecessary internal components to enhance the coupling between the pickup and the guitar. This also improves the sensitivity of the transducer for a robust, lively, and natural acoustic sound with excellent dynamics and delicate high end. The Element works with a standard 9V battery, which is housed inside the guitar in L.R. Bagg's new "Battery Bagg."
New Cutaway Shape
For the first time ever, Gibson have changed the design of their traditional J-45 shape, and are pleased to launch the new cutaway model for 2017. By offering the renowned cornerstone model with a cutaway, it provides easier access to the higher frets on the rosewood fingerboard and therefore allows for a more complex playing style, and more freedom.
As with many of Gibson's acoustic range, the J-45 features traditional scalloped x-bracing. This particular type of bracing consists of two braces forming an 'X' shape across the soundboard which not only enhances the sound and offers a balanced tone, but also provides a reinforced sturdy structure.
Beautifully Designed Appointments
The J-45 Cutaway Electro Acoustic also offers many delicate appointments that add to the quality of this fine instrument. A slim taper mahogany neck offers a silky smooth action and unleashes each players full potential. It also offers for a more comfortable playing style, and therefore allows for you to play for longer. Additional appointments include classic Gibson details such as a mother-of-pearl inlay on the headstock, Nickel Grover tuners for the precise tuning, rosewood bridge and fingerboard, and a nitrocellulose lacquer finish. The J-45 also includes a black hardshell case with plush-interior for transportation and protection.
- Newly designed Cutaway body shape
- Features additional LR Baggs VTC pickup for easy plug and play
- Iconic finish is hand sprayed for an authentic Gibson Appearance
- Sitka Spruce top and mahogany sides for projection
- Traditional scalloped x-bracing for the ultimate projection
- Nickel Grover tuners for precise tuning
- Featuring Gibson's classic nitrocellulose lacquer for added authenticity
- Includes black hardshell case with plush-lined interior
- Gibson Gold Warranty
Body & Bridge
- Body Style: Round Shoulder J-45 Cutaway
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back and Side: Mahogany
- Binding: Multi-Ply Top, 1-Ply Back
- Bridge: Rosewood Belly Up
- Bracing: Traditional Scalloped X
- Construction: Compound Dovetail Secured
- Finish: Vintage Sunburst
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Slim Taper
- Scale: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Radius: 12”
- Inlay: Mother of Pearl Dots
- Frets: 20
- Nut: Black
- Width at Nut: 1.725”
Electronics & Hardware
- Electronics: L.R. Baggs Element VTC
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatics
- Pickguard: Tear Drop
- Saddle: Tusq
- Rosette: Multi-Ply Single-Ring
- Hardware: Nickel
- Strings: Light Gauge .012 - .053
- Included Case: Black Hardshell
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.