View Full Description
The Absolute Standard, with Beyond-Standard Features
The SG Standard became a truly iconic electric guitar almost immediately up its introduction in 1961, thanks to its combination of radical looks and performance-enhancing features. The SG Standard 2017 HP builds on that classic with a perfect blend of Tradition and Innovation. Equipped with classic SG features including double-cutaway design, black pickguard, mother of pearl inlays, a rosewood fingerboard, and many more that add to its iconic look.
Slim Taper Neck For a Comfortable Play
Its High Performance neck is more playable than ever before, with a speedy slim taper profile that is perfect for players with smaller hands, or younger players. This slim tapered mahogany neck also makes it easier and more ergonomic to reach certain chords, as it allows the players fingers to be perpendicular to the fretboard, overall giving you more accuracy and clarity. As well as providing fluid hand flexibility, the mahogany neck is fused to the mahogany body using a mortise an tenon joint, and a provides a fast-access neck heel for playing fast solos.
'57 Classic Humbuckers For a PAF Tone
Equipped with a set of '57 classic humbuckers, the SG Standard HP provides a warm, full tone with a balanced response, delivering that sought after PAF humbucker crunch. These classic humbuckers are made to the exact same specifications as the original PAFs, including Alnico II magnets, nickel-plated pole pieces, nickel slugs, maple spacers, and vintage-style, two-conductor braided wiring. The pickups are also wax potted to remove all internal air space and any chance of undesirable microphonic feedback.
G Force Auto-Tuning System
The SG Standard HP also features the G force self tuning system, which is an innovative system works by a mechanical device that is secured to the headstock. Each machine head contains a small servo motor that can wind the string up or down. Simply push the on button and strum to see this device in action and perfectly tune your guitar. Not only does the G force tuning system provide standard tunings, it also offers alternate and custom tunings, tuning to instruments that are in tune with themselves but not to concert pitch, adding pitch offsets to individual strings, and tuning with a capo. Powered by a rechargeable battery, the G force system provides up to 100 tunings on one single charge, and also allows for manual tuning.
Titanium Zero-Fret Adjustable Nut
The Zero-Fret Adjustable Nut is a superior nut design in Gibson’s High-Performance series of guitars, due to its exceptional adjustability to match various playing styles. This innovative Nut benefits from an all-titanium construction for extreme durability, and a retaining screw so the nut stays in place when you change strings. Like with bridge adjustments, the Zero-Fret Nut allows you to adjust the height and angle, for the optimum feel.
Aluminium Tune-O-Matic Bridge
The Aluminium Tune-O-Matic bridge, is an extremely popular fixed bridge type due to its stability, reliability, comfortable playing position and impressive sustain. Adjusting the string action and intonation is extremely simple with a tune-o-matic bridge, as you simply adjust the height of the bridge with the mounting rods to alter the action, and screw the bridge saddles in or out to achieve perfect intonation.
- ’57 Classic and ’57 Classic+ Humbuckers to Powerful PAF Tones
- Includes Gibson’s High Performance Aluminium Case for Portability and Storage
- Slim Taper Maple Neck Profile Offers a Comfortable Play
- G Force Tuner is an Incredibly Quick and Easy Auto-Tuning System
- Aluminium TOM Bridge and Stop Bar Create Excellent String Resonance
- A Lightweight Mahogany Body Offers the Ultimate Comfort
- Mahogany Neck and Rosewood Fingerboard Deliver Bright Characteristics
- Includes Premium Leather Strap, Gibson’s Multi-Tool, and a Polishing Cloth
Body & Bridge
- Series: Core HP
- Style: SG
- Body: Mahogany
- Bridge: Aluminium Tune-o-Matic w/Steel Locking Thumbwheels
- Tailpiece: Aluminium Stop Bar w/Steel Locking Studs
- Construction: Set-In
- Finish: Heritage Cherry
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Width: 1.745"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75”
- Frets: 22 Polished
- Nut: Titanium Zero-Fret Adjustable Nut
- Heel: Fast-Access
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Trapezoids
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: ’57 Classic Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: ’57 Classic+ Humbucker
- Controls: 2x Volumes/2x Tones/1x Aviation Grade Toggle Switch
- Tuning Machines: G Force w/Improved Gears
- Control knobs: Knurled UFO
- Saddles: Titanium
- Hardware: Chrome
- Case: HP Aluminium Case
- Accessories: Premium Leather Strap/Gibson Multi-Tool/Polishing Cloth
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.