Empress Effects Phaser Pedal
Empress Effects Phaser PedalDetails
The Empress Effects Phaser Pedal offers maximum control in a sturdy die cast aluminium housing. It is the next generation in the evolution of digitally-controlled analog technology due to its complex features. Equipped with eight different auto modes including an Envelope follower, center & speed, speed(sine), speed(square), audio sweep trigger, random level trigger, rhythms and direct control. This versatile unit features an all-analog signal path but is controlled by a microprocessor, allowing it to maintain all its character and analog flavor while adding a ton of possibilities for control and adaptability. With all these great features, it minimises the need for additional pedals that offer the same effects.
Product Ref: 76756View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
A Unique Pedal
The Empress Effects Phaser is unlike anything else on the market. Featuring a unique VCA based design, the Pedal offers unparalleled signal-to-noise ratio. Choose between 2 stage, 4 stage or an Empress exclusive 3 stage operating modes; all controllable via tap tempo sweeping through an impressive set of 8 waveforms.
The speed of the phaser is set with the speed knob and the speed range switch. The fastest speed range will give you ring modulator type sounds.
The speed is set by tapping in a tempo with the tap stomp switch. The speed of the effect will be the tapped tempo, multiplied by the ratio set using the ratio knob. For example, if you set the ratio knob at 1:2, the speed of the phaser will be twice as fast as the tempo tapped.
In auto mode, the effect parameters are changed based on how you are playing. The changes follow the envelope of the input signal, or are triggered by sudden changes in the signal volume. The pedal is equipped with a handy reference chart printed on the front of the pedal to help locate these modes.
As you turn the blend knob clockwise, wet signal is added in. In blend knob mode, with the knob turned 100% clockwise, you hear only phased signal. When the knob is in this position there is no dry signal being added to the wet signal so you’ll get a vibrato type effect. The more you increase the width and speed, the more pronounced the effect becomes. To get a regular phaser sound when the pedal is in the blend configuration, set the knob to the 12 o’clock position. This adds the dry and wet signal at equal volumes giving you maximum phase cancellation.
The sensitivity knob controls how the pedal listens to your input signal when in auto mode. For softer input signals, set the sensitivity to a higher value. For louder input signals it should be turned down. In an auto mode that uses trigger detection, the red LED above the tap switch indicates that a trigger has been detected. If you find the auto mode is missing some of the triggers, increase the sensitivity. If you find the auto mode is triggering when it shouldn’t be, decrease the sensitivity. When the pedal is in a submode that uses envelope detection the red LED above the tap switch will light up when it is detecting maximum volume. Ideally, in envelope based submodes, the LED will only light up when you’re playing your absolute loudest. This will ensure you are experiencing the full range of parameter sweep. Setting the expression switch to ‘speed’ will allow you to control the sensitivity with an expression pedal.
Width Control and Waveform
The width control knob determines how far the phase shift varies from the center position. The Waveform provides eight phases including sine, triangle, asymmetric sine, swung sine, sawtooth, reverse sawtooh, square and step waveforms.
The Empress Phaser allows all of its digital parameters to be controlled via MIDI control change messages, and to have its tempo changed with MIDI clock messages. The Empress Effects Midibox (sold separately) is the perfect tool for controlling MIDI.
- Killer Sound Quality with a Signal to Noise ratio of around 104 dB.
- 8 Auto modes including Envelope follower, center & speed, speed(sine), speed(square), audio sweep trigger, random level trigger, rhythms and direct control
- Use tap tempo to set the phasers speed; the ratio selection makes fast tempos and triplet based phase times easy.
- 2 / 3 / 4 Stages
- 5 Rhythms
- Ultimate Control over width, speed, resonance, waveform, and number of stages
- 8 Waveforms including sine, triangle, asymmetric sine, swung sine, sawtooth, reverse sawtooh, square and step
- Uses true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged
- Set the output gain of the phaser to match your bypassed signal or use up to 6dB of boost to really drive your preamp
- Small Size unit of approximately 4.5" by 3.5" by 1.5"
- Code Chart on the the side for easy operation
- The Universal Control Port allows you to connect an expression pedal, external tap switch, control voltage, external audio input and MIDI all using a standard 1/4" jack
- True Display LEDs let you know what the phaser is doing and help you adjust the sensitivity in the auto modes
- Power Input Voltage:9 - 18 V DC (Negative tip)
- Power Input Connector:2.1mm barrel connector (Negative tip)
- Power Consumption:~120mA
- Enclosure Material: Die Cast Aluminum
- Input connector:1/4" Jack
- Output connector:1/4" Jack
- Height (Enclosure only):1.5"
- Height (including controls): 2"
- Weight:1 lb
The product price includes 4 years' warranty and 60 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 60 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.