Epiphone Century Inspired By 1966, Vintage Sunburst
Epiphone Century Inspired By 1966, Vintage SunburstDetails
The Epiphone Century Inspired By 1966 is a faithful reissue of the classic thinline all-hollowbody archtop. With a laminated Maple body and Mahogany neck, this guitar is not only comfortable and lightweight, but produces a warm, woody tone. Featuring the a single Epiphone P-90 PRO pickup, master volume and master tone controls, and aged nickel details. The Epiphone Century is available in a Cherry and Vintage Sunburst Aged Gloss Finish, both available at Gear4music.
Product Ref: 74800View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Inspired by the 1960s
The Epiphone Century Inspired By 1966, revives the mid 1960's design that was renowned for being comfortable, lightweight and able to produce a warm, woody tone. The Laminated Maple body includes a Maple top and is finished with an Ivory colour single layer binding. The vintage-style look is finished with a vibrant vintage sunburst aged gloss, and adds an extra retro feel to the overall look of the guitar. Extra detail is enhanced by the traditional f-hole, which shows the 1960's era replica blue sound-hole label.
Adding to this vintage inspired design is the Mahogany neck, which features a rounded "C" shape and a 24.75" scale, with a simple but elegant Rosewood fretboard. The fretboard is nicely finished off with pearloid "dot" inlays, and an original nylon nut
Powered By One Pickup
Powered by the P-90 PRO pickup, which is recognised all over the music industry as the most versatile and powerful single coil pickup available. The P-90 PRO is an extremely sensitive pickup that easily bends to a players unique touch. It's perfect for playing many styles of music including rock and roll, pop and jazz due to its distinctive growl and wide tonal range. It is manufactured from 18 nickel silver, elektrisola magnet wires, cast Alnico V magnets and pole shoes. This powerful pickup is operated with two simple control knobs, for changing the tone and volume. For something so small it certainly provides you with a lot of power.
The attention to detail on the Epiphone Century Inspired By 1966 is simply superb, and includes the legendary Wilkinson vintage 3-in-a-row machine heads with plastic ivory buttons. These ivory buttons have a 14:1 tuning ratio and are mounted on a historic sloped dovewing headstock. From the headstock through to the tail-piece, the overall design of this guitar is truly vintage-inspired.
- Historic All-hollowbody Thinline Archtop
- New P-90 PRO™ single coil pickup
- Aged Gloss Finish
- Wilkinson® Vintage 3-in-a-row machine heads with plastic Ivory buttons
- Laminated Maple body and Mahogany neck
- Includes Epiphone Limitied Lifetime Warranty
Body & Bridge
- Body:Laminated Maple
- Bridge: Floating Adjustable; Rosewood
- Tailpiece:Historic Epiphone Trapeze
- Finish: Aged Gloss
- Colour:Vintage Sunburst
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Rounded-C shape
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Cover: Black PVC "Bullet"; 2-layer; Vintage "E" in White
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid "Dots"
- Frets: 20; Medium
- Nut: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.65" (42mm)
- Scale Length: 24.75
- Headstock Inlay: Historic Sloped Dovewing with gold "Epiphone" logo
Electronics & Hardware
- Hardware: Gold
- Pickup:Epiphone P-90 PRO™
- Output Jack : 1/4" with Square Jack Plate
- Controls: 1 x Volume/1 x Tone
- Machine Heads: Wilkinson® Vintage 3-in-a-row with plastic Ivory buttons; 14:1 ratio
- String Gauge: D'Addario® 10-46
- Epiphone Limited Lifetime Warranty
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.