Ibanez SR655 5 String Bass 2018, Antique Brown Stained
Ibanez SR655 5 String Bass 2018, Antique Brown StainedDetails
Product Ref: 105222View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Ibanez SR655 features a lightweight ash body, which delivers excellent tonal clarity with a powerful attack. Players will love the smooth elegant contours and the single-cutaway shape, allowing easier access those unreachable high frets, and a flexible tonal range. Finished in an Antique Brown Stain, the SR655 is an ideal choice for gigging guitarists, as the stain wont glare under stage lighting, and also looks good on photographs compared to a high-gloss finish.
5-Piece Jatoba/Walnut Neck With Jatoba Fingerboard
The SR655 has a 5-piece jatoba/walnut neck, which offers comfort and stability, that is morr resistant to warping than a classic 1 piece. Its slim profile is thinner than a traditional bass neck and allows for fast styles. The jatoba and walnut neck offers warm, earthy tones with plenty of resonance, and the jatoba fingerboard brings enhanced projection and a tone that will ring out. The fingerboard is also decorated with abalone oval inlays for added elegance.
Bass players will love the set of Nordstrand pickups, which have appeared on many Ibanez basses. This versatile setup features the well-known P/J combination, and delivers a full host of tones including a deep, wide punch to a modern sound. If that's not enough, the SR655 also includes custom electronics with a three-band EQ for precise tonal control, along with an EQ bypass switch which allows for a passive-only option. When the EQ bypass switch is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
The SR Series From Ibanez
The Ibanez SR655 comes from the SR line-up of guitars which are designed to offer the player a modern playing experience alongside strong and versatile tones. Many of their basses feature active electronics to give further tonal options and are finished in a way to show off the quality of the woods underneath.
Over the past 30 years, Ibanez have always been at the forefront of developing the right tools for Electric Guitar and Bass players, pushing the boundaries of music. For decades, Ibanez designers and luthiers have been the embodiment of this ideology, pushing their skills to the edge of imagination, consistently creating some of the most versatile and unique instruments ever. Although Ibanez guitars and basses have been made since 1908, it wasn't until the late 1980’s that they began to form an identity for themselves when artists such as Steve Vai and Frank Zappa began using their instruments. Now with a huge artist clientele across the globe Ibanez are a leading manufacturer of electric guitars and basses and a first choice for many dedicated musicians.
- Equipped with a set of Nordstrand CND pickups for a versatile tone
- Custom electronics with a 3-band EQ delivers precise tonal control
- EQ bypass switch allows for passive-only option
- Jatoba Fingerboard offers excellent projection
- Ornate details include abalone oval inlays and antique brown stain finish
- Ash body delivers superior tonal clarity and smooth texture
- Elegant contours and single cutaway body shape offer comfort and flexibility
- 5th string offers more tonal variety and flexibility
- Thin 5-piece jatoba/walnut neck offers comfort and stability
- Series: SR
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Antique Brown Stained
- Neck Material: 5-Piece Jatoba/Walnut
- Scale Length: 34"
- Fingerboard Radius: 305mm
- Fingerboard: Jatoba
- Fret Size: Medium
- Nut Width: 45mm
- Position Inlays: Abalone Oval
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Nordstrand CND J
- Neck Pickup: Nordstrand CND P
- Controls: Volume, Balancer, Bass Boost/Cut, Mid Boost/Cut, Treble Boost/Cut
- Pickup Switching: EQ Bypass Switch
- Bridge: Accu-Cast B305
- Hardware Colour: Black Matte
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.