Martin D-28 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
Martin D-28 Dreadnought Acoustic GuitarDetails
Product Ref: 25536View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Sitka Spruce & East Indian Rosewood
The Martin D-28 features a sitka spruce top, along with an east Indian rosewood body offering a traditional appearance and a superb tone. This stunning sitka spruce top produces a crisp, versatile tone suitable for many styles of playing, and an un-muddied sound which will retain its clarity when you strum hard. The spruce top will also deliver a wide, very usable, dynamic tonal palette. The wood itself is quite elastic in nature, which resonates well whilst remaining strong, and provides a focused, clear sound of deep lows, warm midi-range, and bright singing highs. As well as sitka spruce, rosewood is very resonant, with a deep warm bass and features a stunning grain that complements the contrasting spruce top. The East Indian rosewood will project sparkling highs, swelling overtones, and bring depth to the guitar's overall sound.
Select Hardwood Neck & Ebony Fingerboard
The select hardwood neck is topped with an ebony fingerboard that provides a bright attack, great sustain, and excellent durability. The neck is sleek, modern, and features a low profile shape for comfortable playability. The select hardwood projects a familiar warmth and a more woody tonal range, perfectly suited to many playing styles and finger-picking techniques. The neck has a satin finish for smooth play and the ebony fingerboard has been dressed via Martin's Plek Pro machine for enhanced playability. Featuring style 28 fingerboard markers inlaid in mother-of-pearl to provide a subtle sparkle in natural light and contrasting chrome hardware to polish off its already classic look.
Plek Technology Brings Enhanced Playability
The Plek is a German-made, computer-controlled machine that carefully measures each fret, along with the fingerboard height under each string, and then automatically dresses each fret, virtually eliminating string buzz and greatly improving the overall playability of the guitar. This pioneering process does in minutes what it takes a luthier several hours sometimes even days to accomplish. Every fret is accurately aligned, and the guitar is properly intonated, leaving the instrument Plek Pro finished and amazingly playable.
Enormous Dreadnought Voicing
The Martin D-28 wears the curvaceous dreadnought body shape, which provides an enormous voice, and maintains overall tonal balance. The dreadnought shape was originally designed for hard pick attack. However through years of superb craftsmanship, Martin have created a stunningly toned, well-balanced dreadnought voice that can handle many genres and styles of play that will cut through any mix delightfully. The Martin dreadnought shape is most well known for its incredible bass response and massive volume projection which is ideal for those who love to play acoustically. The dreadnought body is most suited to players more comfortable with bigger bodied guitars.
Real Bone Nut
The D-28 features a real bone nut, which offers excellent resonance and sustain, along with an authentic appearance. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer.
The Martin D-28 features non-scalloped X bracing. The shape allows the top of your guitar to vibrate freely yet keeps it stable, strong, and secure. Bracing reinforces your guitars structure, stops guitars from collapsing under string tension, and shapes the guitar's overall sound. The x-brace provides a larger soundboard, which is optimised with an ebony bridge plate for both strength and energy.
The Martin D-28 provides traditional acoustic styling sprinkled with a hint of Martin's creativity and love for classic aesthetics. The D-28 is finished with gloss on the body and satin on the neck, to provide a slight glisten against natural/stage light, and a smooth playability up and down the fingerboard. The fingerboard has traditional dot fingerboard markers, inlaid in mother-of-pearl to add a little twinkle to your performance. The mother-of-pearl inlays compliment the chrome enclosed gear machineheads beautifully, and really brings together the authentic-traditional look of pre-war guitars but with a modern Martin twist.
- Dreadnought body shape accommodates a variety of different playing styles
- Solid East Indian rosewood body with solid sitka spruce top delivers broad dynamics
- Excellent bass response with articulate highs
- Perfect for any level of player
- Ebony fingerboard is ideal for percussive techniques
- Includes moulded hardshell case for safe transportation
- Satin finish on the neck offers comfortable playability
- Bone nut delivers excellent resonance and sustain, with perfect intonation
Body & Bridge
- Series: D-28
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top Material: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Sound-Hole Rosette: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Back/Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Binding: White
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly - Drop In Saddle
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Nut Material: Bone
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 28
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
Neck & Fingerboard
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Neck Taper: Standard
- Plek: Yes
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Overlay
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Hardware colour: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Pick-Guard: Black
- Recommended Strings: SP Lifespan 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium (MSP7200)
- Hard Case: Moulded Hardshell Case Included
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.