You can purchase from Gear4music with complete confidence and peace of mind as all purchases come with a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and a 2 Year Warranty as standard. Additional protection is available for a small fee at the point of purchase, giving you up to 180 Days' Money Back Guarantee and up to 6 Years' Extended Warranty.
To arrange a return, email: email@example.com
This table provides an overview of your statutory consumer rights compared with our standard returns policy and optional Extended Money Back Guarantee and Warranty.
|UK & EU / EEA||EU Standard||Gear4music Standard||Gear4music Optional|
|Refund Period||14 days||30 days||Up to 180 days|
|Standard delivery charges refunded?||Yes, up to 30 days||Yes, up to 30 days||Yes, up to 30 days|
|Upgraded delivery charges refunded?||Standard costs only||Standard costs only||Standard costs only|
|Free collection on cancellation||No||No||No|
|Return if faulty due to design or manufacture||Free||Free collection within 180 days||Free collection within 2 years or as stated on product page|
|Return if delivered damaged||Free||Free collection within 14 days||Free collection within 14 days|
|Return if incorrect item received||Free||Free collection within 14 days||Free collection within 14 days|
|Extended warranty refunded if used?||N/A||N/A||No|
In scenarios where collection isn’t free (as highlighted in the table above), we can arrange to collect the item from you at a subsidised rate. This fee varies by item and is displayed on each product page within the provided warranty and money back information, and on the shopping basket page.
For example, for a UK customer a typical cost for collecting products up to 30kg with a maximum 1m length would be 4.99, but will be more for heavier, bulky items or international collection.
If you choose to have a refund, the cost of return will be deducted from your refund.
You could also arrange to send the item back at your expense. If you choose to do this, we highly recommend you get proof of postage to show that you've returned your goods.
Packaging of returns
Please keep hold of all the original packaging until you are sure you want to keep the goods, as an additional charge will be made if you wish to return items within 30 days from delivery without the original packaging.
If you do not have all of the original packaging but wish to return goods within the money-back guarantee period, all items must be placed in a sturdy cardboard box with appropriate packaging material to stop the items moving around and to protect them from scratches and damage. Gear4music cannot accept responsibility for any item that is damaged due to insufficient packaging, and your return and refund may be refused if the item is not packaged correctly.
To return a product under our standard or extended Money Back Guarantee schemes, please ensure the product is:
In 'as new' condition
Well packaged and in its original packaging
Our guarantees are in addition to your statutory rights. For more information on your statutory rights, see below.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
30 days from delivery to tell us you've changed your mind
Choose another item or ask for a refund
Refunds cover the delivery charges of Standard or Saver services, but exclude any enhancements such as installation, two-person delivery, timed and Saturday services
Extended Money Back Guarantee, up to 180 Days
You can optionally extend Money Back Guarantee up to 180 days for a small fee at the point of sale, which includes up to 6 years’ Extended Warranty.
More information on Extended Warranties can be found here.
Within 180 days from delivery, you can tell us you’ve changed your mind, cancel the contract, and either choose another item or ask for a refund.
There will be a small charge for collection, based on the size and weight of the order (see collection charges section)
Refunds within 30 days of delivery cover the delivery charges of Standard or Saver services, but exclude any enhancements such as installation, two-person delivery, timed and Saturday services
Eligibility for Money Back Guarantee
Important: For hygiene and software licensing reasons, some items are only eligible for our Money Back Guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging with all software still "unregistered." Details of exclusions are shown with the product descriptions.
In-Ear Monitors and In-Ear Headphones
Earplugs and Ear Protection
Reeds and mouthpieces for woodwind and brass instruments
Mouth and Lip-Care Products
CDs, DVDs and Software
We are unable to accept returns of any custom-made non-faulty items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer systems built to a customer's specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with our prior agreement, and may be subject to a cancellation and restocking fee of 25% minimum, providing the goods are in original stock condition. All returned woodwind and brass instruments incur a 6 sanitization fee.
If your item isn't behaving as expected, tell us as soon as possible so we can resolve the issue.
Within the first 6 months of your ownership, we’ll collect the goods and deliver them back to your free of charge.
After the first 6 months, but within 2 years of ownership, you’re responsible for the cost of returning the item to us and the cost of delivering them item back to you. We can reimburse reasonable return costs should you be able to provide independent proof that the fault is attributable to us or the manufacturer.
The free collection and return period is stated on each product page, and is normally 2 years. After this time, you’re responsible for the cost of returning the item to us and the cost of delivering them item back to you. We can reimburse reasonable return costs should you be able to provide independent proof that the fault is attributable to us or the manufacturer.
We do everything we can to make sure your order reaches you in perfect condition. If the order there is damaged when you receive it please tell us as soon as possible so we can resolve the issue.
Where possible, please include a photograph of any damage caused to the item and / or packaging in transit as this will help us to raise the matter with our courier.
Please be advised that we can only accept responsibility for the condition of the goods prior to delivery to you. Any damage or breakage en-route to you is our responsibility, but if something happens after it has been delivered to you, your dedicated safe place or your nominated neighbour, it is your responsibility, and we cannot accept any liability for the damage.
Standard & Extended Warranties
If you let us know within 14 days from delivery of the order, we’ll collect the damaged item from you free of charge, and quickly replace the item or give you a refund. After 14 days a small charge for collection will apply.
We do everything we can to make sure the right items reach you. If there’s anything you're not expecting in your delivery please tell us as soon as possible so we can resolve the issue.
Where possible, please include details of the incorrect or misdescribed item that you’ve received.
When returning the item to us, please make sure you leave the original inner and outer packaging intact and just reseal the parcel the item arrived in.
Standard & Extended Warranties
If you let us know within 14 days from delivery of the order, we’ll collect the incorrectly delivered product from you free of charge, and quickly replace the item or give you a refund. After 14 days a small charge for collection will apply.
Please note: you have a responsibility to return the incorrect item or any item that has been accidentally delivered to you without order or payment. If you don’t return it, we will charge you the full cost of the item.
You have up to 30 days from receiving your order to cancel it.
If you'd like to cancel your order, you can copy and paste the below in to an email, complete the necessary information and send to here.
To find out more about your statutory rights please see below.
To Gear4music Limited, Holgate Park Drive, York, YO26 4GN, United Kingdom:
I/We hereby give notice that I/we cancel my/our contract of sale of the following goods list your order items here from order(s) list your order number(s) here,
Ordered on order date / Received on delivery date,
We inspect returned goods to ensure you have taken reasonable care of them during your possession, and everything that we originally sent to you has been returned.
Please note that re-stocking charges may be applied if goods are not received in as new condition and with appropriate packaging.
If you have requested a refund, this will be processed within a few days of receiving your goods and confirming they are being return in line with our policy.
The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
1. The contract is formed at the time when you receive your delivery.
2. You have the legal right to cancel the contract for a limited time without giving any reason but we would welcome your feedback as it helps us to improve.
3. Your right to cancel ends 14 calendar days from the day following:
a) the day you receive your order, or
b) the day you receive the last of your order when it’s delivered in instalments
4. To cancel, you must inform us of your wishes either by post or in an e-mail. You may use the attached Model Cancellation Form but you do not have to.
5. In order to meet the 14 day cancellation deadline, emails are deemed to arrive when sent and letters when posted. You do not have to return the actual goods by this date. See point 13 below about when goods must be returned to us.
6. To be able to demonstrate that you have told us you wish to cancel in time, we would recommend that you retain any e-mails sent to us, keep a copy of any letter and ask the Post Office for proof of posting.
7. To cancel a ‘Distance Sales Contract’ and for any other matters please contact us at:
Gear4music Limited, Kettlestring Lane, Clifton Moor, York. YO30 4XF
0330 365 4444
8. If you cancel this contract, we will refund the full purchase price plus the standard cost of delivery. Note any additional cost of enhanced delivery chosen by you will not be refunded e.g. installation, two man delivery, timed and Saturday delivery.
9. We may make a deduction from your refund where goods have been de-valued because you have handled them in a way which goes beyond that which might reasonably be allowed in a shop to establish their nature, characteristics and functioning.
10. We will make repayments without undue delay, and not later than-
(a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
(b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provided evidence that you have returned the goods or
(c) If the goods have not yet been sent to you, 14 days after the day which we were informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
11. We may withhold the repayment until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
12. We will make the repayment using the same means of payment as you used for the initial purchase, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise, in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the repayment.
13. You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us or without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day in which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
14. Please ensure any returned goods are packaged appropriately using either the original packaging or using a similar, suitable alternative.
15. We are under a legal duty to supply you with goods that are in conformity with the contract that is as described, of reasonably satisfactory quality and reasonably durable.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015
1. Where goods are faulty or have been misdescribed then you have a short-term right to reject them for a full refund or ask us to repair or replace goods if you prefer.
2. Where the fault lies with downloaded or installed software you can only ask us to repair or replace the digital content.
3. Once you request a repair or replacement you must allow us a reasonable time to do so and may not change your mind and opt for one of the alternatives.
4. The right to reject is lost after 30 calendar days beginning on the day after you received the goods.
5. If you request a repair or replacement in the first 30 days, the “30 day clock stops” and recommences once you have received your repaired goods or replacement. You will have the balance of the 30 days (with a minimum of 7 days) to reject them for a full refund if they are still not satisfactory.
6. After 30 days your rights are to ask us for a free repair or replacement.
7. You may not require us to repair or replace if it is impossible or disproportionately expensive for us compared to the alternative.
8. You need not accept a repair or replacement when it causes significant inconvenience to you compared to the alternative.
9. If after repair, goods remain faulty then you may keep them and get something off the price, or you can reject them. Where goods are rejected more than 6 months from delivery, a deduction can be made for the use you have had of them.
10. Where software remains faulty you can only ask for a price reduction.
11. Refunds will be made within 14 days of agreeing goods are faulty using the same method of payment as used when ordering.