Discontinued Korg microSAMPLER Sampling Keyboard
Discontinued Korg microSAMPLER Sampling KeyboardDetails
A compact keyboard sampler that you can play to your heart's content. The compact and powerful Korg 'micro' series is now joined by an incredibly fun-to-use performance sampler. The Korg microSAMPLER, a keyboard sampler that lets you enjoy easy-to-use full-featured sampling, a loop sequencer, and internal effects - all with an intuitive interface that's designed for realtime performance. Our unique sampling method allows you to record, edit and map as you sample - directly from the keyboard.
Product Ref: 15236View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The microSAMPLER is designed for performance. In addition to triggering samples as on a conventional pad-type sampler, you can also play the samples at different pitches in a musical fashion, and even resample the result.
The controllers you need for an exciting performance are laid out on the panel for intuitive operation. The status of the samples assigned to each key is indicated by the lit state of the LEDs running along the top of the keyboard, ensuring excellent visibility even on stage.
Sample anytime, anywhere, anything:
Both line input and mic input are provided to allow a broad range of input sources including electronic musical instruments, CD, and voice. A gooseneck microphone is included so you can sample on the go. To make it easy to sample from your portable audio player, a convenient caddy is located beside the mic jack.
The microSAMPLER can run on batteries, so you can perform on the go - or capture samples anywhere. In addition, there's a resampling function that lets you play existing layered samples processed by an effect and played by the loop sequencer - and capture it all as a new sample. Since you can even sample while playing, the sampling process itself can become part of your expressive performance.
Five sampling methods to suit your needs:
When sampling, you can select ONE SHOT, GATE, or LOOP methods; this greatly enhances the realtime character of your performance. In addition, you can use two completely new sampling methods "KEY GATE" and "AUTO NEXT" to sample more efficiently and creatively than ever.
- ONE SHOT sampling for single hits - This mode is for creating samples that do not require a note-off, such as drums and orchestra hits.
- GATE sampling for keyboard performance - This mode is best for creating instrument sounds that will be played back at different pitches on the keyboard.
- LOOP sampling for recording grooves and phrases - This mode is ideal for sampling looped phrases such as drums or vocals.
- KEY GATE sampling is best for grabbing multiple samples from the same source - With KEY GATE, you can take multiple samples from the same source or phrase and assign them to different keys as the source plays! The individual keys assign the sample and enable recording all at the same time. This intuitive method of sampling, editing and mapping in a single step is fun, intuitive and fast.
- AUTO NEXT sampling for automatically capturing phrases as multiple samples - For grabbing a groove as separate samples on individual keys, choose the AUTO NEXT mode and use Tap Tempo to match the BPM of the source material. The microSAMPLER will automatically divide the sample equally across multiple keys. Each key can be set to capture anything from a 64th note to a full two measures. This method lets you automatically perform the same type of sampling as KEY GATE.
A full-fledged sampling system that expands your creative potential. The microSAMPLER hosts a solid complement of top-end sampling features such as sixteen-voice polyphony, reverse playback, editing operations such as Normalize and Truncate, and a Time Stretch feature that lets you change the tempo without affecting the pitch. Selectable sample rates of 48 kHz, 24 kHz, 12 kHz down to 6 kHz let you sample at rates beyond CD clarity or add in that Lo-Fi vintage vibe. And yet the microSAMPLER is also designed to be easy to operate. Each bank contains 36 samples (a maximum of approximately 160 seconds of recording time for monaural samples at a 48 kHz sampling rate) and sixteen patterns of sequence data; the microSAMPLER lets you store eight such banks in internal memory.
Pattern sequencer with cool performance possibilities. The pattern sequencer uses an overdub operating style that lets you continually layer your performances. You can switch between patterns during playback for seamless performances. Up to sixteen patterns (16,000 notes per pattern or a maximum 64,000) can be stored in each bank.
Twenty-one effect algorithms produce powerful sonic transformations. Developed for Korg's KAOSS PAD series, the effect engine serves up a great selection of effects ? so important when editing samples. The twenty-one effects include not only traditional delay and chorus, but also ring modulator and grain shifter, and even a Looper that's derived from the Loop Recording feature of the KAOSSILATOR Dynamic Phrase Synthesizer.
The new "natural touch mini keyboard," compact yet easy to play. The microSAMPLER features our new the natural touch mini keyboard, offering greatly enhanced playability and expressive power. By adjusting the proportion of the black keys and white keys, we've made chords easier to finger, and the touch has been improved so that rapid phrases can be played more easily. The box-shaped keys project a sense of quality, and also allow smoother glissandi.
USB port and Editor/Librarian software and for computer-based data management. By using editor/librarian software for the microSAMPLER, you can manage a gigantic sample library that's all your own. You can back up sample data to your computer via USB, load samples into the microSAMPLER, and back up the sequence data. Importing and exporting of WAV/AIFF data on your computer is also supported.
To view a more detailed list of features and specifications for the Korg microSAMPLER, please download the pdf from the link below
- Keyboard: 37-notes (natural-touch mini-keyboard, velocity sensitive)
- Banks: 8 User Banks (A-H), 1 ROM bank
- Sample Types: LOOP/ONE SHOT/ GATE/ AUTO NEXT/KEY GATE
- Effect Type: Choose one of 21 types
- MIDI connectors: IN, OUT
- USB connector: B-type connector
- Display: Custom LCD
- Power Supply: DC 9V (When using batteries: six AA alkaline batteries)
- Battery life: approximately 3 hours
- Dimensions: 516(W)x238(D)x65(H)mm/20.31"(W)x9.37"(D)x2.56"(H)
- Weight: 1.9 kg/4.19lbs.
- Accessories: AC adapter, Gooseneck Microphone, microSAMPLER Editor/ Librarian Software
Computer System Requirements:
- Computer: A computer that satisfies the operating requirements of Windows XP or Windows Vista, and has a USB port
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP (SP3 or later), Windows Vista (SP1 or later)
- Computer: An Apple Macintosh computer that satisfies the operating requirements of Mac OS X and has a USB port
- Operating system: Mac OS X version 10.4 or later
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.