Roland System 8 AIRA Plug Out Synthesizer
Roland System 8 AIRA Plug Out SynthesizerDetails
Product Ref: 79459View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
One of the most unique and innovative features of the Roland System 8 AIRA is the new ‘PLUG-OUT’ technology which allows you gain access to plug-in versions of infamous Roland synths, which you can play directly from the System-8, eliminating the need for a computer. This gives you unprecedented access to a wide range of classic Roland synthesizers that have been emulated in plug-in form for use with the System-8. The System-8 also now allows you to host and control up top three Roland Plug-Out software synthesizers, plus brand new JUPITER-8 and JUNO-106 PLUG-OUTs (JUNO PLUG-OUT coming spring 2017) are included with the System 8 AIRA.
ACB (Analog Circuit Behaviour) Technology
The Roland System 8 AIRA features the latest generation of the renowned Analog Circuit Behaviour (ACB) technology. ACB technology was first developed specifically for the AIRA series, enabling the user to authentically recreate the sound and behaviour of classic analog synthesizers. The new SYSTEM-8 synthesizer features the most advanced ACB engine yet, powering the eight voices of polyphony, plus the three oscillators, hi-resolutions filters and the versatile LFOs. The ACB engine provides expressive and diverse sounds, allowing you to create a wide range of tones from classic analog-style pads and basses to dynamic lead synths and other-worldly textures, ideal for the avid sound designer.
Wide Range Of Versatile Controls
Designed for optimal controllability and sound design, the Roland System 8 AIRA includes a wide range of versatile controls that gives you the ability to craft, mould and edit sounds to your desire. The polyphonic 64-step sequencers features a TR-REC style interface with dedicated controls to play, record and manipulate loop sequences, perfect for incorporating into live performances and music productions. An arpeggio function has also been included complete with quick-access knobs for quickly switching between patterns and styles in real time. The System-8 even features a built-in advanced vocoder, allowing you to use your voice and words to control the sound while playing notes for unique melodies.Chord Memory functionality allows you to trigger polyphonic note stacks with a single key, giving you the ability to trigger chords with a single note, ideal for live performances where more complex chords may be required. The System-8 also features three expansion slots which helps to host and control Roland’s PLUG-OUT software synths. There are a range of optimal PLUG-OUTs including the SH-2, SH101, PROMARS and more.
Intuitive Design & Layout
The System-8 AIRA features a highly intuitive and ergonomic layout that’s presents you with all the prominent controls you need in the optimal position. This gives you a hands-on experience when it comes to sound creation and performance expression. There are a wide range of filter types included, thanks to the advanced ACB engine, including a side-band filter, taken from Roland’s influential V-Synth. There are also a range of top-quality effects included for adding character and ambiance, including everything from overdrive and distortion to chorus, reverb and more. The wide range of synth parameters and hands-on controls makes creating new sounds a breeze.
While the System-8 excels as a stand-alone performance instrument, it can also integrate easily within a music production environment, allowing you to utilise the System-8 with your favourite DAW. The synth features a built-in USB audio/MIDI interface for connecting to a digital audio workstation and the 49 full-size, velocity-sensitive keys provide a dynamic response, perfect for recording complex MIDI tracks. The System-8 also features a control surface made for the knobs, sliders and buttons allowing you to use the controls to use with virtual instrument plug-ins. CV/GATE outputs have also been included allowing you to send note/pitch data from the synth engine and step sequencer to external gear such as modular synths and vintage analog gear.
- Versatile performance synthesizer with advanced ACB technology and 49 full-size keys
- Internal sound engine delivers classic analog tones and dynamic modern sounds with analog vibe
- Hosts up to three PLUG-OUT synths; JUPITER-8 and JUNO-106 PLUG-OUTs included
- Advanced low-pass, high-pass, and side-band filters with high-resolution controls
- Massive real-time control with dedicated knobs, sliders, and buttons
- Polyphonic step sequencer with classic TR-REC style interface
- Arpeggio, vocoder, and polyphonic Chord Memory functions
- CV/Gate outputs for interfacing with modular synths and vintage gear
- Large selection of onboard effects with hands-on controls
- USB audio/MIDI interface and control surface mode
- Keyboard: 49 keys (with velocity)
- Sound Generator Section: Models - SYSTEM-8, PLUG-OUT1, PLUG-OUT2, PLUG-OUT3
- Maximum Polyphony: 8 voices (MODEL: SYSTEM-8) (MODEL: PLUG-OUT1, 2 and 3 depend on PLUG-OUT software)
- User Memory:
- Patch: Patch: 64 (8 memories x 8 banks, per one model)
- Performance: 64 (8 memories x 8 banks)
- Structure Elements: MODEL: SYSTEM-8 is as follows (MODEL: PLUG-OUT 1, 2 and 3 depend on PLUG-OUT software)
- LFO Section:
- Variation: 1 (Single LFO), 2 (Dual LFO), 3 (Resonanced Pulse LFO)
- Waveform: : SINE, TRIANGLE, SAW, SQUARE, Sample&Hold, Random, : 6 types, : 6 types
- Knobs: FADE TIME, RATE, PITCH, FILTER, AMP
- Controllers: KEY TRIGGER, TRIGGER ENVELOPE
- Oscillator 1 Section:
- Variation: 1, 2
- Waveform: : SAW, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, SAW2, SQUARE2, TRIANGLE2, : 6 types
- Modulation: CROSS Modulator
- Oscillator 2 Section:
- Variation: 1, 2
- Waveform: : SAW, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, SAW2, SQUARE2, TRIANGLE2, : 6 types
- Knobs: COLOR, MODULATION Source (MANUAL, LFO, P.ENV, F.ENV, A.ENV, OSC 3), OCTAVE (64, 32, 16, 8, 4, 2), COARSE TUNE, FINE TUNE
- Modulation: RING Modulator, Oscillator SYNC
- Oscillator 3/Sub Oscillator Section:
- Waveform: SINE (-2 octave), SINE (-1 octave), SINE, TRIANGLE¤TRIANGLE (-1 octave)¤TRIANGLE (-2 octave)
- Knobs: COLOR, TUNE
- Mixer Section:
- Level: OSC 1, OSC 2, OSC 3/SUB OSC, NOISE
- Noise: WHITE Noise/PINK Noise
- Pitch Section:
- Knob: ENVELOPE Depth
- Envelope: ATTACK Time, DECAY Time
- Step Sequencer:
- Track: 1 Per patch (Step pattern is saved as a patch)
- Step: 1 - 64 steps
- Recording Method: Step recording, Realtime recording
- Controllers: SCALE, PLAY MODE, GATE, SHUFFLE, FIRST STEP, LAST STEP
- Other: VOLUME, INPUT volume, ARPEGGIO, CHORD MEMORY, VOCODER, KEYHOLD, VELOCITY OFF, TRANSPOSE, OCTAVE
- Controllers: Pitch bend and modulation lever, BEND SENS PITCH, BEND SENS FILTER, MOD SENS PITCH, MOD SENS FILTER
- Display: 16 characters 2 line LCD
- External Storage: SD Card (SDHC supported) for backup/restore function
- PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- INPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- CV/GATE OUTPUT jacks: Miniature phone type (CV: This jack supports OCT/V (Hz/V is not supported). GATE: This jack outputs +10 V.)
- TRIGGER IN jack: Miniature phone type
- PEDAL (HOLD, CONTROL) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- USB port: USB type B (Audio/MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 2 A
- Dimensions: 881 (W) x 364 (D) x 109 (H) mm - 34-11/16 (W) x 14-3/8 (D) x 4-5/16 (H) inches
- Weight: 5.9kg (13 lbs)
- Included Accessories: Owner’s Manual, AC Adaptor, Power Cord
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.