Yamaha N3X Avantgrand Hybrid Digital Grand Piano
Yamaha N3X Avantgrand Hybrid Digital Grand PianoDetails
Product Ref: 80188View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Perfect Balance of Acoustic and Digital
The Yamaha N3X Avantgrand Hybrid Digital Grand Piano is the ultimate no-compromise Hybrid Digital Grand Piano, combining the authentic feel of an acoustic grand with the functionality and versatility of an digital piano. The N3X uses real wooden keys with Ivorite® keytops that both look and feel just like natural ivory keys. To enhance the feeling of these high-quality keys, Yamaha employed a non-contact optical sensor system to provide you with a perfectly weighted and responsive playing experience, allowing for maximum expression and dynamic control throughout your performance. These sensors carefully measure the speed and depth of which the key is pressed, whilst a second sensor, located on each hammer shank, captures the strength and timing of the hammer. Each sensor and key works in perfect harmony and the result is a truly unique and authentic sound, perfect for capturing the essence of the music you are performing.
Rich, Authentic Tones
The Yamaha N3X integrates a four-channel Spatial Acoustic Speaker System alongside a flat-panel Soundboard Resonator. An oscillating transducer is used to transmit vibrations to the flat-panel soundboard, providing a classical tone with a realistic sound response, essential for replicating sounds from the original pianos. Yamaha took a unique approach to creating the AvantGrand series, capturing samples from four different locations around the soundboard (left, right, center, and rear). When compared to the conventional stereo sampling, the latest approach offered exceedingly rich and authentic sounds, complemented by the four-point speaker configuration. The speaker placement on the N3X matches up with the microphone positions from the recordings of the original piano, to accurately reproduce every nuance of sound as it should be heard.
Virtual Resonance Modeling
With 2 world-class grand pianos to choose between, you have access to two unique characters and styles to best match your preference or performance style. One simple button press can transform the way you play to best match your situation. The AvantGrand N3X interprets Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) technology, a replication of the resonance and string vibrations found on the original pianos. Traditionally in a grand piano, strings and sounds resonate throughout the entire body of the instrument which produces the rich reverberation that acoustic grand pianos are well know for. In the N3X, VRM is used to calculate the various states of the strings for each of the 88 notes. The N3X interprets the endless number of factors including key identification, key press strength, pedal timing, and more to perfectly reproduce the reverberation as it should be heard.
- Colour: Polished Ebony
- Finish: Polished
- Width: 1,481mm (58-5/16")
- Height: 1,014mm (39-15/16") Lid up : 1,734mm (68-1/4")
- Depth: 1,195mm (47-1/16")
- Weight: 199kg (438lbs., 12oz.)
- Number of Keys: 88
- Key Surfaces - White: Ivorite®
- Key Surfaces - Black: Phoenolic resin
- Touch Sensitivity: Hard/Medium/Soft/Fixed
- Tactile Response System (TRS): Yes
- Type: Specialised Grand Piano Pedal
- Number of Pedals: 3
- Functions: Damper (with half-pedal effect) , Sostenuto, Soft
- Hammer Sensors: Non-contact optical fiber
- Key Sensors: Non-contact optical fiber
- Tone Generation:
- Piano Sound: Spatial Acoustic Sampling
- Binaural Sampling: Yes (CFX Grand Voice only)
- Key-off Samples: Yes
- Smooth Release: Yes
- VRM: Yes
- Number of Polyphony (Max.): 256
- Number of Voices: 10
- Reverb: Yes
- Brilliance: 5
- Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC): Yes
- Stereophonic Optimiser: Yes
- Number of Preset Songs: 10 preset songs, 10 voice demo songs
- Number of Songs: 10
- Number of Tracks: 1
- Data Capacity: approx. 550KB/Song
- Overall Controls:
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 - 500
- Transpose: -6 - 0 - +6
- Tuning: 414.8 Hz – 440.0 Hz – 466.8 Hz
- Scale Type: 7 types
- Audio Recorder/Player:
- Recording Time (max.): 80 minutes/Song
- Recording: WAV (44.1kHz, 16bit, stereo)
- Playback: WAV (44.1kHz, 16bit, stereo)
- Internal Memory: approx. 1.4 MB
- External Drives: USB Flash Drive
- Headphones: Standard stereo phone jack (x 2)
- MIDI: In/Out
- AUX IN Stereo Mini
- AUX OUT: [L/L+R] [R] (Standard stereo phone jack, unbalanced)
- OUTPUT: [L] [R] (XLR jack, balanced)
- USB TO DEVICEL: Yes
- USB TO HOST: Yes
- Spatial Acoustic Speaker System: Yes
- Soundboard Resonator: Yes
- Amplifiers: 80W x2 + 45W x4 + 35W x5 + 25W x4
- Speakers: (16cm + 13cm + 2.5cm) x 4
- Acoustic Optimiser: Yes
Standard Courier Delivery
When you add this product to your shopping basket, you will be provided with our standard courier delivery option. This will deliver the piano to the ground floor of your house or building. Please note that if there is not a ground floor entrance we may not be able to deliver there. You may also need to help the delivery driver as this product comes packaged in large boxes.
This may not be suitable if you are unable to help the driver if required, or if you need the piano delivering upstairs. Please consider whether this is the most appropriate delivery service for you, as other delivery options are available at an additional cost.
Delivery and Installation Service
This service can be arranged on an ad-hoc basis via a specialist piano delivery company. Delivery times cannot be guaranteed until we have made arrangements with the delivery company. If you would prefer a delivery and installation service, please contact our sales team on 0843 515 0600 who will be happy to set up a quotation for you and provide you with more information on this service.
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 90 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 90 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.