Improved Workflow and User Interface
Steinberg have tailored and tweaked the user interface of Cubase 8.5 to allow a smooth and more ergonomic workflow when recording, editing and mixing. Refining the acclaimed MixConsole environment and proven Cubase track handling tools, version 8.5 makes mixing and manipulating audio channels even more intuitive. When designing Cubase 8.5, Steinberg have used feedback from users to create a more dynamic workflow ensuring vital functions are more accessible than ever before.
Retrologue 2 Analog Synth
With many new features and improvements, Retrologue 2 has taken a big step forward without losing its remarkable warm and raw analog sound. An additional third oscillator, new polyphonic LFOs and an additional envelope are just some of the enhancements in the synth section. The highly flexible arpeggiator and five brand-new FX, with the innovative three-band Resonator leading the way, open up new possibilities for over 400 fresh presets that show off Retrologue 2’s capabilities.
Innovative Cloud Collaboration
Embedded into Cubase, VST Transit is Steinberg’s new cloud collaboration service. Upload audio and MIDI tracks to cloud storage, continue working from another location and synchronize the changes back to the cloud. Or collaborate on shared projects with friends and band members. VST Transit comes with up to 500 MB free storage space and 1 GB free traffic per month. With its innovative, DAW-centric approach to web-based musical collaboration, VST Transit can revolutionize production workflows shared between musicians or band members.
Render In-Place Function
The new render in-place function allows you to bounce MIDI and audio parts easily. You can define exactly on what to include and for example render-in track FX in the newly created events. Trigger the command and a new audio track is created with all effects settings copied over from the original source track plus your rendered audio event, including intact event boundaries.
ASIO Guard 2
ASIO Guard 2 uses low latencies just on the tracks where latency matters while using a larger latency that saves performance for playback tracks. It now supports instrument tracks including multi-timbral and sample instruments that feature disk streaming as well as all live-input independent channels. The internal ASIO-Guard buffering was extended to improve the audio processing performance. Simply record and monitor in real time even on CPU demanding projects.
Versatile Window Handling
Cubase Pro 8.5 offers a windows handling paradigm including a new workspace organizer that makes for a more efficient workflow. Windows can be freely placed on any display and maximized, restored, minimized, tiled and cycled through by using standard Windows OS commands. Windows will now also group Cubase windows in the taskbar, preview window content and show mini icons. The 'Always On Top' mode now organizes smaller plug-in windows even when working with maximized windows such the MixConsole.
The transport panel has been restructured for easier access and visually overhauled with improved visibility for buttons and time displays that are clearer and easier to read. The Transport menu has also been restructured, with all commands and options now clearly categorized and consolidated into submenus, including commands and options previously only available in the transport panel. Each menu entry now features a corresponding key command counterpart.
Enhanced Chord Pads
The Chord Pads composition tool to create chord structures and patterns in seconds was one of the major highlights of Cubase Pro and Artist 8. With the update to 8.5, this creative time-saver has been enhanced even further. The new “Sections” play mode gives full and intuitive control of how arpeggiation is processed. Any arpeggio note can be mapped to individual keys on a MIDI remote keyboard, letting you trigger each note individually. And we didn’t stop there: additional options give better control of overlapping chords during playback and make it easier to setup MIDI input/output routing. And in case you prefer naming a chord “Cadd9”instead of “C9”,you’ll be happy to know that Cubase now supports custom chord symbols throughout.
Key and Drum Editors
Compose more creatively in Cubase 8.5 thanks to faster, more intuitive MIDI editing in the Key and Drum Editors. Insert a note or beat, adjust its length, position or pitch without changing tools—it’s the kind of feature update that will instantly feel as though it’s always been that way. The Drum Editor has new visualization and editing capabilities for note lengths, while a visibility agent lets you display, say, only the drum sounds actually in use in your project, or other conditions that let you
High Fidelity, Latency Free Recording
With a 24-bit/192 kHz sample rate the UR22 Mk2 provides incredibly high audio quality whilst the innovative latency free hardware monitoring means you can monitor your performance in real time without any latency. Additionally the two class-A D-PRE microphone preamps offer a transparent and detailed sound perfect for capturing dynamic and natural vocal performances.
Mac, PC and iOS Compatible
Designed to be compatible with a huge variety of systems the UR22 Mk2 can be connected and powered by Mac and PC computers via the single USB 2.0 connection. Additionally the Steinberg UR22 Mk2 can be connected to Apple iPads and iOS devices through a lightening to USB connector cable (not included).
Cubase AI and LE Software
The Steinberg UR22 Mk2 interface includes a downloadable copy of Cubase AI for Mac and PC as well as Cubasis LE for iOS which provides powerful audio creation and editing tools with a simplistic user interface. Cubase AI delivers a range of impressive features from the industry leading Cubase 8 software to allow recording, editing and mixing perfect for beginners. Additionally Cubasis LE is the perfect tool for capturing inspiration on the fly. Simply take your UR22 interface and iPad with you and be able to record, mix and edit audio ideas whenever the inspiration strikes you.
Steinberg Cubase Pro 8.5 Features
- State-of-the-art music production system used by thousands of professionals around the world
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation
- Unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks
- MixConsole provides the ultimate mixing experience with unmatched flexibility and integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound
- Comprehensive set of 8 outstanding instruments with over 3000 sounds
- Complete suite of 73 high-end audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors
- VCA faders for complex mixing and automation workflows, TrackVersions for playlists-like editing, and render in-place for simplified editing tasks
- VariAudio for MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks, automatic voicing harmonization and auto-tuning effect
- Chord track and pads for easy chord management and reharmonizing plus intelligent composing assistance
- Steinberg VST connect SE 3 and VST Transit cloud collaboration service
- Professional music notation and score printing
Steinberg UR22 Mk 2 USB Audio Interface Features
- 24-Bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface
- 2 Class-A D-PRE mic preamps supporting +48 V phantom power
- 2 Combo inputs (Hi-Z switch on input 2),
- 2 TRS outputs and headphones jack with independent level control
- Mac, PC and iPad compatible
- USB Bus powered for Mac and PC
- Zero-latency hardware monitoring with Mix balance control
- MIDI input and output
- Loopback function for streaming performances live to the Internet
- Ipad connectivity via the Apple iPad camera connection kit / lightning to USB camera adapter (sold separately)
- Rugged full-metal housing
- Includes Cubase AI DAW software download version for Mac and PC and Cubasis LE DAW app for iOS