Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D
Synthogy Ivory II American Concert DDetails
Vintage 1951 Steinway Concert D, the choice of great concert artists, brought to your fingertips through the power of the Ivory II engine.
Product Ref: 37135View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
In the rarified world of great concert artists, there are precious few instruments that leave a lasting impression upon the masters who played them. Ivory II American Concert D is one of those instruments.
This vintage 1951 New York Steinway D (CD 121) was chosen by the Steinway & Sons concert department for Steinway artist promotion. Throughout the years, the instrument has been lauded by some of the world's greatest concert artists. Indeed, the plate of the piano is signed by Glenn Gould, Rudolf Serkin, and many others, as a testament to high praise by the world's great masters.
Put your hands on it, and it's not hard to see why. The instrument has an exceptionally clear and transparent sound, yet with a singing tone and mature beauty and resonance that can only be found on a concert instrument in this class. The recording took place in the Francoys-Bernier Concert Hall at Le Domaine Forget in the Charlevoix region of Quebec, the same hall where Ivory's acclaimed German Steinway was recorded. Reunited were master concert technician Michel Pedneau, performer/producer Joe Ierardi, and recording engineer, Mark Donahue of Soundmirror to capture every detail of this amazing instrument.
With a 49GB library, Ivory II American Concert D is the largest single piano in the Ivory family. This American Steinway possesses a naturally long sustain, which is captured in its entirety to the final decay, some of the notes ringing longer than two minutes. Also included are up to 20 velocity levels, with more soft pedal samples, and more release samples to capture more detail than any Ivory instrument before.
Ivory II American Concert D is powered by the award-winning Ivory II engine, and contains the full compliment of Ivory II's features, foremost being our acclaimed Harmonic Resonance Modeling for the realization of trueSympathetic String Resonance. Custom designed by Synthogy DSP guru, George Taylor, this technology does not rely upon triggering additional samples or use ordinary sine waves. Rather, notes struck that are harmonically related excite the actual complex overtones of the notes that are being held, in the same manner that undamped strings resonate in a real acoustic piano. Together with the new American Concert D samples, the results are simply stunning, the culmination of Synthogy's most powerful technology, with our most advanced sampling techniques.
Ivory II American Concert D is a free-standing virtual instrument. No previous version of Ivory is required. Of course existing Ivory II owners will find that it installs quite readily into their current library. But whether this is your first introduction to Ivory II, or you are a long time Ivory owner, Ivory II American Concert D is a remarkable, must-have, instrument.
- 1951 New York Steinway D selected by Steinway & Sons for artist promotion
- Includes the Award-winning Ivory II piano engine
- 49GB Core Library
- Up to 20 Velocity Layers
- Harmonic Resonance Modeling for True Sympathetic String Resonance
- Custom Soundboard Emulation DSP
- Pedal Noise Enhancements
- Release samples triggered by velocity and duration
- Una Corda (soft pedal) samples at multiple velocities
- Native 64 Bit Support
- Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ andSynth Layer controls for powerful sound sculpting capabilities
- Incorporates exclusive Sample Interpolation Technology used for ultrasmooth velocity and note transitions
- World class digital FX including Real Ambience, Chorus and EQ
- Customizable User Controls for Timbre,Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position and more
- Tuning Tables
- Dozens of new programs and effects presets
- Ivory II's "unified interface" feature enables you to use just a single instance, and one interface, to play and control all of Ivory's pianos, no matter how many pianos you install. So whether you own one, two, or all four products, Ivory's intelligent browsing feature allows you to load any piano from one convenient interface
- 1.8 GHz Intel Core Duo CPU
- 1.5 GB RAM
- 49 GB free hard drive space (Ivory II American Concert D)
- Hard drive speed of at least 7200 RPM or SSD, connected via 1394c, SATA, or faster
- DVD ROM drive for installation
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.