View Full Description
Special Offer - How to claim free UAD plugins
Mix and master like the pros. If you buy and register this interface you can get the following UAD plugins and Unison-enabled preamps and channel strips for free (please note that there are different plugins included dependant on which Universal Audio interface you purchase, check this paragraph on each listing to see what plugins are included): Helios Type 69 Preamp and EQ Collection, V76 Preamplifier, Century Tube Channel Strip, UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection, Pure Plate Reverb, Galaxy Tape Echo, Oxide Tape Recorder. All you need to do to get these free plugins is buy this new interface from Gear4music and register it on Universal Audio's website. Already own any of the plugins from the promotion? No problem. You'll be able to pick from an alternate list of UAD plugins. Offer valid from 1st July 2020 to September 30th 2020.
Exceptional audio conversion
Delivering next level conversion. The powerful A/D and D/A converters are designed to get the most out of your music recording sessions. These converters are built upon on the Universal Audio's 60-year heritage of pro-tier audio craftsmanship. Outshining the competition - the Apollo x4 is the final word in desktop audio interfaces.
Unison-enabled mic preamps deliver stunning sound quality
The Apollo x4 features four Unison-enabled preamps for live recording in your studio. These preamps mean you can get the best results from UA's amazing preamp emulations. These include Neve, Helios, API, Manley, UA and many more. This gives you a truly crisp sound which gives you a range of sound profiles - from tube to solid-state.
Realtime processing for powering amazing plugins
The Apollo interfaces have a lineage of exceptional processing power. Helping you studio computer power the superb plugins - sold separately - available from Universal Audio. The UAD-2 QUAD Core processing outboard gives your computer a much-needed boost to handle a range of different plugins - even at the recording stage. This is all at near-zero latency - so you know you're getting the best quality possible - no matter how powerful your central machine is.
Can be scaled when needed
Looking to expand your studio recording capabilities down the line. The Apollo x4 allows you to easily connect up to four Thunderbolt Apollos and a total of six UAD-2 devices - meaning you can expand your studio as and when you need too. If you add a rack-mountable Apollo to your system, you can control it with the Apollo x4 monitor control features.
A multitude of I/O options
The Apollo x4 comes with a wide range of inputs and outputs to help you get the job. As well as the main inputs there are also outputs for two headphones and also two inputs for Hi-Z instrument inputs. Combined with four line outs and ADAT/SPDIF input and out - you won't be stuck for connectivity options.
Work the way you want with LUNA technology. Universal Audio built their DAW, LUNA, from the ground up. Their aim, was to bring audio recording into a new era. Following a high-quality range of vintage emulations and innovative plugins, it is obvious that Universal Audio don’t settle for second best and strive to give you their all. LUNA is no exception. You'll be free to integrate your favourite DSP powered plugins when recording, completely free of latency. Thanks to accelerated real time modelling, you'll also be provided with analog style recording and overdubbing via your Apollo's on-board DSP acceleration.
Hark back to the golden age of recording, with Neve summing from the iconic 80's series console. You'll be able to add warmth and richness to your tracks, from the very series of desk that is associated with seminal albums from the likes of Nirvana, Dire Straits, and Pink Floyd. The Studer A800 Tape Recorder extension allows you to add the warmth and punch associated with magnetic tape, introducing various levels of harmonics and saturation into your signal flow. With a highly realistic Steinway Model B piano, Moog Minimoog emulation, a wide array of premium samples from Spitfire Audio, and unlimited track count. You'll have nothing holding you back from making the greatest sounding records of your life.
Please Note: This is a free download for mac users who own a Thunderbolt Arrow or Apollo interface. It is not yet compatible for Windows.
- Desktop 12 x 18 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 4 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD-2 QUAD Core processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- 2 Unison-enabled front-panel Hi-Z instrument inputs
- 2 independent front-panel headphone outputs
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input and output via optical ADAT and S/PDIF
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, AU, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
- Microphone Inputs: Four
- High Impedance (Hi-Z) Instrument: Inputs Two
- Analog Line Inputs: Four
- Analog Line Outputs (DC coupled): Four (six including Monitor outputs)
- Analog Monitor Outputs (DC coupled): Two (one stereo pair)
- Headphone Output: Two stereo
- Digital Input Port: One (ADAT or S/PDIF, selectable)
- Digital Output Port: One (ADAT or S/PDIF, selectable)
- Thunderbolt 3 Port One
- Simultaneous A/D conversion: Four channels
- Simultaneous D/A conversion: Ten channels
- Supported Sample Rates (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
- Bit Depth Per Sample: 24
- Analog Round-Trip Latency: 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate
- Analog Round-Trip Latency through four UAD legacy plug-ins (included) via Console software: 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate (no additional latency via Realtime UAD Processing)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 9.17” (23.30 cm) x 2.60” (6.60 cm) x 5.95” (15.11 cm)
- Weight (bare unit): 1.46kg (3.2lbs)
- Product Code: APX4