Empress Effects Heavy Overdrive Pedal
Empress Effects Heavy Overdrive PedalDetails
The Empress Effects Heavy Overdrive offers a huge range of high gain tones. This versatile pedal delivers many different tones such as crisp, mid-driven 80's metal to modern down-turned brutality. The Heavy Overdrive benefits from having two independent channels which can be voiced similarly so that one channel can be used as a solo boost, or they can be voiced entirely differently by using the mid range control in conjunction with the 3 position mid frequency select switch. Separate weight controls can be added in to shape the low end response of each channel, and a global hi/low eq section that allows you to fine tune your particular amp and cab combination. With all these great features it is a worthwhile investment for your pedalboard.
Product Ref: 76751View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Internal Noise Gate
The Empress Effects Heavy features an internal noise gate which is triggered from the input, before the signal is distorted. This results in a noise gate that is extremely responsive and dynamic. Whether you're playing a long sustaining note that's meant to ring out into feedback, or you need a tight gate for those quick stops, the noise gate will react and adjust accordingly.
Whilst using the natural mode, the gate sensitivity is high and will open with very small input levels. This mode works great for all styles of playing from leads to tight rhythms. In addition, the aggressive mode may be better suited to your playing if all you require is a hard clamping gate for fast stops. The noise gate can be set to either mode on either channel using the simple toggle switch, for maximum flexibility.
The side mounted trim pot lets you increase or decrease the threshold to best suit your guitar's output. It comes factory set in the middle which works really well with most guitar/pickup combinations, and it allows for adjustment if you need it. Use a small flathead screwdriver and turn clockwise to increase the sensitivity (lower the threshold), or counter-clockwise to decrease the sensitivity (increase the threshold).
The use of the weight control knob changes the character of the low end. Low settings will deliver a tighter bass response and will sharpen up palm muted riffs. Higher weight settings add more size to the bottom end. The weight control is best used in conjunction with the low EQ.
"some of the best metal distortion you’ll find in a pedal" Best Guitar Effects
Read the full review here.
- Achieve Super High Gain Tones
- Analog Signal Path for Optimum Clarity
- An intuitive new control that changes the character of your low end
- Selectable mid frequency lets you get precise EQ curves, with boost or cut up to 10dB per band
- Heavy and Heavier let you set your channels similarly, for rhythm/solo, or completely differently for a wider range of tones
- Relay bypass and intelligent switching make this pedal super easy to use
- True Bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged
- Natural and aggressive settings let you tailor the gate to your needs, keeping noise out of your signal chain
- Small Size unit of approximately 4.5" by 3.5" by 1.5"
- Input Impedance:1M
- Output Impedance: 510 Ohm
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 35Hz - 17kHz
- Power Input Voltage:9 - 12 V DC (Negative tip)
- Power Input Connector:2.1mm barrel connector (Negative tip)
- Power Consumption:~ 200mA
- Enclosure Material: Die Cast Aluminum
- Input connector:1/4" Jack
- Output connector:1/4" Jack
- Height (Enclosure only):1.5"
- Height (including controls): 2"
The product price includes 4 years' warranty and 60 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 60 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.