Empress Effects Reverb
Empress Effects ReverbDetails
The Empress Effects Reverb features realistic simulations of spaces, as well as surreal ambiances that are represented with stunning sound quality. Featuring stereo ins and outs, a small footprint and all the controls at your finger-tips, it strikes the perfect balance of control and ease of use, avoiding laborious menus. Presets, the versatile control port, and MIDI open up a world of possibilities for live performances. In addition the SD card input allows you to save your algorithms. Whether you're looking for a classic spring, realistic room or new sonic flavors to expand your creativity, the Empress Effects Reverb delivers it all. It would make an ideal addition to any pedalboard.
Product Ref: 76757View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Empress Effects Reverb contains 24 algorithm reverbs in high quality stereo.This versatile unit is full of features and can be adapted to most musical genres. It is compatible with MIDI and also features a SD card input for saving your unique tones. Housed in a die cast aluminium shell with three footswitches, it is a worthwhile investment.
Hall reverb usually refers to the Reverb in a concert hall and is modeled from a large and fairly reflective space. It typically used at longer decay times in the 2 or more seconds range. Hall reverbs generally have more muted high frequency compared to other reverbs, which leads to a smooth warm sound. Because the room size is large, the early reflections are slower to arrive, and are very pronounced before the tail becomes diffuse.
Plate reverbs were originally created from an electro-mechanical device that vibrates a large sheet of metal to create reverb sounds. At one end is a driver that vibrates the metal, and at the other end a transducer that captures the vibration of the plate and turns it back into an electrical audio signal. The decay times could be controlled by applying damping to the different sections of the plate. The sound quality of this feature is superb
Spring Reverb units are little tanks that suspend springs between a driver and a transducer. They typically sit in the base of your amplifier. A driver circuit uses a coil and magnet to vibrate the springs, which creates reverberation. Like the plate reverb previously mentioned, a receiver circuit at the other end of the springs converts the mechanical vibration back to an electrical audio signal. The sound varies depending on the amount of springs, the spring tension, and how much the signal is being driven. The electronics at the driver and receiving end can play a huge part in the tone of the sound. The decay can last up to 3 or 4 seconds. Spring reverb is a classic sound for guitar players due to its discrete delay-like reflections which are prominent in the response.
Like with other reverbs, the Room reverb is based on a physical space. It usually has a shorter decay which depends on the size of the room, and the amount of absorptive materials on the walls. Because we spend most of our lives in small or medium sized rooms, it's a very natural sounding reverb. The key to a realistic sound are the dense early reflections. These are the first reflections from the floor, walls or ceiling that arrive to the ears after the direct sound. They're instrumental in creating the sense of size and space. It is an ideal choice for subtle applications and at shorter times.
The sparkle reverb is created by an octave effect that's fed into a large sounding tail. The octave is a little bit slow to build, and it goes higher and higher in pitch as time goes by. This creates a very airy and open sound. This mode adds a lushness and surreal element to the sound and is perfect with slower legato playing.
In the modulated reverb tail, there is modulation applied to each of the delay lines so you get a similar sound, but you don't hear the distinct chorus pulse because there's so many going on at once. This leads to a sound that's warm and smooth. This mode will work on a variety of playing styles and parts.
The ambient swell mode detects either breaks in your playing or use trigger detection to detect note starts, then they apply a smooth adjustable fade-in. This mode works well at 100% wet and at long decay times.
Delay and Reverb
This classic combo is a must-have for any guitarist. These tones are renowned for featuring on 80's recordings, and add a versatile feature to the pedal.
Reverse is a great tool for fading into songs or solos, as it gives it a dramatic approach.
The ghost mode adds a really smooth and spooky layer behind your dry playing. The tail is made up of a lot of resonant and modulated elements that meld together to create a really unique sound. The hi and low filters sound really great when you have them on the move with the resonance up. The resonance control and decay work together to shape the tone and length of the decay.
Whilst using the Lo-fi mode, the dry signal gets effected with some raunchy filtering and distortion along with the wet, giving you a complete lo-fi signal. The reverb tails aren't meant to be smooth. You'll hear some grainy discrete delays rattling around in there which make it ideal for intros or bridges where you want to switch things up.
BeerFinally, this mode is truly unique, and shows how versatile the pedal is. Complete with perfect stereo sound quality.
- The pedal has 12 algorithm types, some include multiple variations. For example, vintage and studio plate, dark and bright springs. Also, as more algorithms get added you can update your pedal via the SD Card
- Pristine sounding classic hall, plate, spring and room sounds that rival or surpass studio units costing many times more.
- A complete palette of tweak-able ambient sounds that offer the creative player so much customisation
- Easy to operate
- Many algorithms have infinite hold settings or the ability to tap in delay time
- Signal to noise ratio of >104dB and maintains an analog dry path
- Settings can be saved to 35 presets. With three stomp switches, accessing the presets is easy
- 2 Preset Modes including Bank style or scrolling style
- True Bypass and Buffered Bypass
- 3 Cabinet Simulators which are perfect for recording, practicing or for gigs without an amp
- Hum-free operation when operating in stereo with two amps. Output 2 is isolated with a transformer to eliminate nasty ground loops
- High Quality Audio
- Analog Dry Path means that the dry signal is left untouched, and blended with the wet signal using VCA
- Unsurpassed Connectivity allows you to connect an expression pedal, external tap switch, control voltage, external audio input and MIDI - all using a standard 1/4" jack
- Advanced Configuration Menu
- Small Size unit of approximately 5.7" by 3.75" by 1.75"
- Input Impedance:1MΩ
- Output Impedance: 100Ω
- Output Impedance (transformer):600Ω
- Frequency Response (-3dB, dry) :10Hz – 50kHz
- Frequency Response (-3dB, wet) :10Hz – 23.4kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (dry):0.09%
- Total Harmonic Distortion (wet):0.22%
- Dynamic Range (dry):106.9 dBA
- Dynamic Range (wet):105.5 dBA
- Input Headroom (dry):+10.0 dBu
- Input Headroom (wet, no pad):+0.5 dBu
- Input Headroom (wet, 6dB pad):+5.7 dBu
- Input Headroom (wet, 12dB pad):+10.8 dBu
- Output Headroom: +16.2dBu
- Power Input Connector:2.1mm Barrel Connector
- Required Current:300mA
- Height (enclosure only):1.75”
- Height (including controls): 2.25”
The product price includes 4 years' warranty and 60 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 60 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.