Roland DJ-505 DJ Controller
Roland DJ-505 DJ ControllerDetails
Upgrade Serato DJ to Serato Pro: Serato DJ has now become Serato Pro, packed with a range of new features and a revamped interface. Upgrade your software for FREE by following this link.
Product Ref: 97585View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Serato DJ Pro
Serato DJ is now Serato Pro. Serato Pro is a free upgrade for all existing Serato DJ users. Serato Pro is completely redesigned from the ground up, providing a range of new features and rock-solid reliability. The revamped interface has been optimised for high-resolution screens, providing crisp and clean visuals, ideal for Retina, 4K and UHD displays. A new Practice Mode is included, allowing you to mix two tracks together without hardware connected. This allows you to test out your blending and mixing, without the need for a controller. New 64-bit support provides bigger libraries and improved reliability. The new help section provides you with tips, shortcut keys and tutorials for added versatility.
Ultra-Low Latency Platters
One of the most prominent features of the DJ-505 DJ Controller is the large platters that boast ultra-low latency performance, optimised for scratching applications. The high-performance platters are also ideal for mixing, providing a smooth operation that will allow you to seamlessly blend tracks together. The Roland DJ-505 also boasts exceptional audio fidelity and performance thanks to the high-resolution digital converters, capturing every nuance from your music library in incredible detail. One of the most versatile features of the controller is the integrated mixer, which can be used as a standalone mixer via connections of media players or turntables, via the line and phono inputs. This high-end DJ controller is suited for intermediate and professional DJs boasting a range of performance controls and parameters designed to take your mixing capabilities to the next level.
Integrated 16-Step Sequencer & TR Kits
What sets the Roland DJ-505 DJ Controller apart from the rest on the market is its range of performance enhancing features as well as the classic 16-step sequencer. The 16-step sequencer is inspired by the Roland AIRA module, providing a class layout which can trigger either the Serato Sampler or the TR drum sounds that come complete with the controller. Roland have incorporated fully editable drum kits from Roland classic Tr-808, 909, 606 and 707 modules, revitalised using the advanced ACB (Analog Circuit Behaviour) technology to recapture the essence of the sounds. This virtually gives you some of the most renowned Roland Drum Machines, housed in this versatile DJ controller. From TR-909's instantly-recognisable hi-hats to booming kick drums from the 808 kits, the TR kits are some of the most popular drum sounds in the music industry. The sounds have been recreated in immense detail and can be used within the step sequencer, allowing you to create drum beats and patterns on the fly.
Performance Pads & In-Depth Controls
As well as incorporating some of the most well-known drum machine sounds, the DJ-505 Controller also boasts eight performance pads which can be used for sampling, triggering hot cues, effects and more. The illuminated pads can be used in conjunction with the integrated sequencer to create some interesting patterns and performance effects. You can use the performance pads and the sequencer together to create custom transitions, add drum patterns into your mixes or even add additional percussion into classic tracks to remix them live. Each channel of the controller features dedicated mixing controls as well as being able to use filter via Serato FX.
Streamlined Design & Versatile Connectivity
The streamlined and robust design makes the DJ-505 ideal for the DJ on the move, with protruding sides allowing you to transport your controller with ease. The large low-latency platters feature a brush aluminium top plate as well as illuminated outer rings for use in low light environments that provide information on the status of the deck. The Roland DJ-505 also provides a range of versatile connectivity including a MIDI output that allows you to sync external equipment with Serato DJ, as well as the TR-S sequencer. A microphone input is also included, accompanied by high-grade effects such as gate, hi-pass, reverb and echo FX. Balanced XLR outputs allow you to connect your controller directly to PA systems, as well as including a Booth Output and separate headphone output for monitoring your mixes. Designed for use with Serato DJ, the controller unlocks the software and comes complete with Serato Tool Kit licences providing added functionality for your software.
- Two channels and Deck Select for up to four decks
- Large, low-latency platters optimized for scratching
- Eight dedicated pad controls for Serato DJ with Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer, TR, Pattern, and Sampler modes
- Built-in, fully editable drum kits from Roland’s legendary TR-808, TR-909, TR-606*, and TR-707*, realized with advanced ACB (Analog Circuit Behaviour) technology
- TR kits contain eight sounds—Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Closed Hi-Hat, Open Hi-Hat, Tom, Rim, Clap, and Ride—that can be played on the performance pads and triggered from the sequencer
- Shape TR drum sounds and Serato samples in real time with Level, Attack, Decay, and Tune knobs
- Classic 16-step sequencer that can trigger either TR drum sounds or the Serato Sampler; new features include nudge (TR-S), step-roll, and instrument/sample mute
- Unlocks Serato DJ and comes with a Serato Tool Kit license (includes Serato Pitch ‘n Time DJ, Serato Flip, and all Serato DJ FX packs)
- Mixer can be used a standalone mixer by connecting multi-players or turntables to the line and phono inputs
- Balanced XLR outputs let you connect to a professional PA system; Booth Out plus separate 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch Phones outputs allow you to monitor your mixes
- Mic input with gate, hi-pass, reverb, and echo FX
- MIDI output to sync external devices with Serato DJ and the TR-S sequencer
- Signal Processing: Sampling Frequency – 48kHz
- Nominal Input Level:
- INPUT (1--4) (RCA phono type, LINE): -12 dBu
- INPUT (1, 2) (RCA phono type, PHONO): -39 dBu
- MIC IN (1/4-inch phone type): -60 dBu
- Nominal Output Level:
- MASTER OUT 1: +6 dBu (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2: +0 dBu
- BOOTH OUT: +6 dBu (balanced)
- Input Impedance:
- INPUT (1--4) (RCA phono type): 47 k ohms or greater
- MIC IN (Combo type): 7 k ohms or greater
- Output Impedance:
- MASTER OUT 1: 600 ohms (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2: 1 k ohm (unbalanced)
- BOOTH OUT: 600 ohms (balanced)
- PHONES: 44 ohms
- Frequency Response: 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz--22 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- INPUT (1--2) jacks: RCA phono type
- MIC IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- MASTER OUT 1 connectors: XLR type (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2 jacks: RCA phono type
- BOOTH OUT jacks: TRS phone type (balanced)
- PHONES jacks: stereo 1/4 inch phone type, miniature phone type
- PC port: USB type B
- MIDI OUT connector
- DC IN jack
- PHONO GROUND terminal
- Power Supply: AC adaptor
- Current Draw: 2,000 mA
- Dimensions: 530 (W) x 402 (D) x 73 (H) mm
- Weight: 3.5 kg (excluding AC adaptor)
- Startup Guide
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFTY"
- AC Adaptor
- Power cable
- USB cable
- Serato TOOL KIT VOUCHER
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.