View Full Description
Reflection type and size
On top of the four reverb types offered by FlexVerb, each reverb type has three sizes: small, medium, and large for a total of nine distinct processing algorithms. You can either link the reflection type and size to allocate the same settings for the reverb tail or disengage the link so that the reverb tail type and size are independent of the early reflections. Moreover, an Infinite switch sets an infinite reverb time value so you can create massive tones and soundscapes.
Reverb tail control section
Get hands-on and in-depth with the shape and sound of FlexVerb's reverb tail. The reverb tail is split into three frequency bands with adjustable crossover points. Each frequency band has its own adjustable reverb time, so you get absolute control over the shape and time of your reverb to make it fit precisely in your mix in any way you see fit. This method of tail shaping gives a more natural sound than using EQ.
In addition to the three-band reverb time multipliers FlexVerb offers six bands of EQ that can be applied to the reverb tail to shape the overall reverb tone. Included are two parametric bands, high-shelf and low-shelf bands, as well as high-pass and low-pass filters.
Finally, an input side-chain compressor is applied to the output of the reverb. Nine presets define fixed attack, release, and ratio settings, alongside an adjustable threshold control. The compressor side chain is fed by the dry input signal. You can use this sidechain to place large reverb spaces neatly and distinctively in a busy mix.
The highly intuitive graphical display makes it easy to determine exactly what FlexVerb is achieving with an FFT analysis with after-glow. Furthermore, you can get hands-on with the display to make edits to the tone and shape of your reverb. The resultant curve of the EQ section can be adjusted from the interactive circular nodes, while the reverb time multiplier crossover points and values can be adjusted from the interactive square nodes.
- Four reverb types: Room, Hall, Plate, and Chamber
- Early and late reflection types can be independently selected
- Six Band SSL EQ with three bands of reverb time multipliers
- Output compressor side-chained by dry input signal
- Lockable dry/wet mix control
- Infinity reverb time switch
- Reverb tail kill switch
- Graphical display of EQ and reverb time multipliers
- Operating system:
- Mac: macOS Catalina (10.15), Big Sur (11), Monterey (12)
- Windows: Windows 10 (64-bit), 11 (64-bit)
- Mac: M1/ARM or Intel Dual Core Mac running at 2.4GHz or higher
- Windows: Intel Core 2 (or comparable) CPU running at 2.4GHz or higher
- Mac: AU, VST2, VST3, AAX Native
- Windows: VST 2 (64-bit), VST3 (64-bit), AAX Native (64-bit)
- Product code: 1331-1012