View Full Description
All of your vocal essentials in one place
Imagine taking all the best parts from some of the best mixing consoles in the world and splicing them together in one plug-in. That's exactly what Vocalstrip 2 does, with four dedicated modules for vocal processing, allowing you to take your vocal from dry and raw to polished and professional in as minimal steps as possible. The four modules onboard are the Compander, an expander/compressor hybrid, an intelligent de-esser and de-ploser and three-band anti-cramping EQ. With these tools at your disposal, you can balance the dynamics, shape the frequency response and tame harsh sibilance and plosives all in one plug-in!
Although presented in one way in the interface, Vocalstrip 2 has a trick up its sleeve. The running order is entirely customisable, putting you in charge of the signal flow to find what works for your mix. Now you're not limited to putting EQ after compression, you can put it in any order you like! No matter how you order your modules, Vocalstrip 2 offers real-time visual feedback across all modules, including a full EQ graph and FFT meters. Jam-packed with artist-inspired presets and A/B switching to audition two sounds simultaneously, Vocalstrip 2 does all of this in extremely high 64-bit floating point sound quality.
Keep your sibilance and plosives at bay
No matter how careful you are in your vocal engineering, plosives and sibilance are going to be present somewhere in your vocal recordings. Fortunately, SSL Native Vocalstrip 2 has just the solution in the form of an intelligent de-esser and de-ploser modules. These newly-designed algorithms sound more transparent than ever before, making it easy to remove unwanted vocal recording artefacts without impacting the tone of your voice.
Using intelligent, dynamic-based processing combined with the lookahead function, the de-esser and de-ploser are extremely accurate in detecting only the artefacts while leaving the rest of your signal unscathed! Perfect for detecting different vocal types, each module features both split and broadband mode selection for even more accurate removal. Just as the other modules, the de-ploser and de-esser feature detailed analysis tools including a gain reduction/histogram display to provide real-time feedback on your processing.
- Four vocal-specific processing tools with SSL sound quality
- Real-time visual feedback of each processor with FFT overlay and full-frequency EQ graph
- Intelligent, dynamic-based De-esser and De-ploser
- Three-band EQ with high-pass, high-frequency air and 'asymmetric notch' midrange band
- Hybrid compressor/expander 'Compander' module features downward compression and output drive parameters
- User-definable module order process lets you customise your signal path
- Proprietary preset management system lets you quickly recall your favourite channel strip settings in future sessions
- A/B functionality lets you audition two settings simultaneously
- Mastering-grade audio quality delivered by 64-bit floating point sound engine
- Vocalstrip 2 is a universal binary and features M1 Native support
- Comes supplied with many presets inspired by some of the world's top mixing engineers
- Operating system:
- Mac: macOS Sierra (10.12) or higher
- Windows: Windows 7 (64-bit), 8 (64-bit), 8.1 (64-bit), and Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Mac: Intel Dual Core Mac running at 2.4GHz or higher
- Windows: Intel Core 2 (or comparable) CPU running at 2.4GHz or higher
- RAM: 8GB recommended
- Mac: AU, VST2, VST3, AAX Native
- Windows: VST 2 (64-bit), VST3 (64-bit), AAX Native (64-bit)
- Product code: 1331-1008