Yamaha SV250 Silent Violin, Brown
Yamaha SV250 Silent Violin, BrownDetails
The Yamaha SV250 Silent Violin offers an instrument that is suitable for professional musicians and studio workers. Including a blendable two pickup design and an external wireless control unit containing effects and an XLR output, this violin allows access to all kinds of genres: from classical to heavy rock. At the same time, this SV250 also feels and reacts like an acoustic violin, with a lightweight design, Aubert bridge and ebony fingerboard.
Product Ref: 20765View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Bridge and Body Pickups
The Yamaha SV250 violin features a two pickup design, very similar to the way that an electric guitar does. In order to achieve different tonal qualities, you can select a combination between both the inside body built pickup, which gives a darker tone, and the in-bridge built pickup, which gives a more coarse and bright tone. This allows the instrument to be suitable for all styles of playing: from classical through to heavy rock.
External Control Box
This violin features an outboard control unit that allows you to use the many effects on the violin, but without adding weight to the instrument. That way, the violin is a lightweight and versatile instrument that is suitable for the gigging musician. The control box also has many functions that allow the musician to have a superb sounding instrument to a PA or amplifier. The XLR output gives a balanced output and a -26db switch makes it perfect for studio or live work.
Similarities with Acoustic Violins
The SV250 violin weighs only 500g, which is very similar to that of an acoustic model, meaning that the instrument will be comfortable to hold for players used to playing with an acoustic instrument. The instrument also has the ability to hold a shoulder rest and features the same ergonomic design that is found from an acoustic model, with the black semi violin shaped outline frame.
- Width: 206mm
- Height: 591mm
- Depth: 117mm
- Size: 4/4
- Body: Spruce
- Side/Frame: Plastic
- Neck: Maple
- Finger Board: Ebony
- Bridge: Maple (Pickup Sensors Pre-Installed)
- Tuning Pegs: Ebony
- Tailpiece: Wittner "Ultra" with fine tuners for every strings
- Chin Rest: Plastic
- Strings: D'Addario Zyex
- Pick Up System: Two Piezo Pickups (Under the bridge and inside the bridge)
- Master Volume: Yes
- EQ Control: Treble Control and Bass Control
- LINE OUT: Yes
- PHONE OUT: Yes
- Power Supply: AA size 1.5V battery 2pcs. or AC adapter (optional), also Phantom Power (28-48V)
- Battery Life: (With Earphone) Manganese:maximum 15hrs. Alkaline: maximum 50hrs. (Without Earphone) Manganese:maximum 45hrs. Alkaline: maximum 120hrs.
- Battery: AA size 1.5V battery 2pcs.
- Earphone: Yes
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.