Aston Microphones Origin Cardioid Condenser Microphone
Aston Microphones Origin Cardioid Condenser MicrophoneDetails
Product Ref: 66219View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The Aston Microphones Origin Cardioid Condenser Microphone is one of the most remarkable cardioid condenser microphones available on the market. At the heart of the microphone is the hand-selected capsule, combined with the professional-grade transformer-less circuitry to achieve stellar audio fidelity. The Origin Microphone boasts Aston’s signature wave-form mesh head. This exclusive design provides unparalleled protection for the mic’s capsule. The mesh head boasts a shock resistant wave-form design. It works by allowing the head of the microphone to distort, when hit hard, then instantly returning to its normal position. This helps to minimise any damage from accidental dropping, as well as providing subtle off-axis rejection, helping to remove artefacts from your recordings.
Integrated Pop Filter
One of the most unique and convenient features of the Aston Origin is the integrated pop filter. The mesh-knit pop filter is built into the wave-form head, helping to boost audio performance. It works by combating wind noise that you may incur from vocal recordings. This results in eliminating sibilance and plosive sounds at the source. It also helps to shield against electromagnetic radiation, so you can use it in an electronic-heavy environment without worrying about crosstalk or sound colouration. The single-piece, mesh cage is constructed in stainless steel. This helps to keep rust at bay and it can even be removed and washed for added convenience.
Exceptional Audio Fidelity
The wide frequency range and premium-grade components ensure the Aston Origin picks up every nuance from your source material in immense detail. The tone it delivers is reminiscent of vintage-style condenser microphones, retaining the warmth and richness from your source material. The cardioid capsule and high SPL make the Origin one of the most well-rounded microphones available. The high SPL means it can handle recording high-level instruments, but it is primarily suited to vocal and acoustic guitar recordings. It features an integrated -10dB and low-cut filter for helping to cater to different recording situations.
End Caps & Chassis
Every Aston Origin Microphone features a custom finish on each chassis. The premium-grade design is tumbled for up to 4 hours, giving each of the microphone their own unique design characteristics. The individually catered designs don’t affect the sound or quality of the microphone, but help to set the microphone out from the mass-produced studio microphones. One of the most unique design elements is the custom moulded end caps, featuring an integrated XLR and stand adapter. This allows you to mount the microphone directly to a stand via the integrated, interchangeable thread adapter. It also makes the microphone easy to maintain and repair should you need to.
''We took it along to a vocal session with a female rock vocalist... Blind testing with the artist against an AKG C12 BR showed a clear preference for the Origin, which seemed to capture the elusive ''warmth'' in the vocal without sounding muddy... In a world of large diaphragm condensers, the Origin is a refreshing twist and a superb sounding mic for a variety of tasks.'' - MusicTech.net
- Wave-form mesh head provides shock absorption to protect the capsule
- Built-in pop filter utilises the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct microphone stand mounting
- 2mm solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- Capsule - The Aston Sound - developed by professional artists, engineers and producers
- PCB - market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Eco-friendly packaging, no unnecessary frills just well designed, re-usable and recyclable packaging
- Superbly balanced mix of discrete an integrated electronic circuitry
- Harmonised circuit stage arrangement for easy integration from phantom power input circuitry to capsule voltage bias
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (±3 dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 18dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kOhm: 23mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5 : 127 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 76 dB A-Weighted (rel. 94 dB SPL)
- Pad Switch: -10 dB/0 dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
- 48 Volt Phantom Power: ±4 Volts Required for Operation
- Dimensions: 124.5mm x 54mm (Length x Width)
- Weight: 439g
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.